NEC NYE

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by danfreeman1, Jan 2, 2008.

1. danfreeman1

danfreeman1 Active Member

any1 go? opinions?

thought foxy was proper shit and was the reason hype walked out...i was really looking forward to his set as well after seeing him a few weeks earlier

2. sleaZe

sleaZe Member

I didn't go but a mate of mine did and said it was shit

3. 800k

800k New Member

What happened with hype and foxy then? Heard it was over some beef with eks.

4. danfreeman1

duno whether it was eksman or not but from what i could c, foxy kept asking hype to reload and when he didnt foxy got a bit pissed of and tried to do it himself (that might have just been me being a muppet but thats what it looked like). i remember foxy telling hype to carm down and seeing hype making a wanker sign at foxy and then the next thing i knew there was no dj lol...pretty weird.
    foxy even went on the decks while waiting for blackmarket...bit of a shambles really,

5. DubplateKillah

DubplateKillah !DARK_N_DUTTY!

i was stood near bottom of stage just to the left near chunkie bizzle n all that lot ,n all i could see was foxxy n eksman avin a laff n a joke i actually dint know what was going on. i thought hype was still stood there dident see him walk off? wots goin down?

6. SWOOF

SWOOF I've been naughty, I'm banned

NU BREED POO SPOILIN IT FO EVERY AGAIN..TUT TUT BOYZ!!!!!!! HYPE SHOULD`OV LICKED SUM TIGER STYLE ON FOXY CLAT FO TRYIN 2 PULL IT UP!!!!

7. DubplateKillah

lol fo sure man! hype walked off aparantly..eks n foxxy woz just laffin n joking and every1 was bouncin waiting for some sick drops..but overall hazard werent lined up and he was there sick set!

8. undermywheels

undermywheels New Member

Knew this event would end up being a dissapointment, shame as it has so much potential, biggest of the big on NYE and all. Whats the sound like in the venue? Cant imagine drum and bass working in a huge arena like that, sound quality (regardless of system) and impact of the mixes is definetly hindered by big arenas and high ceillings, even when they have the function one in brixton academy it dont sound that great (they need to get the rig the prodigy tour with in there for a drum and bass rave :D). what was chase and status on six decks like? could imagine it going either way TBH. For all those people dissapointed with NEC, spend your money on the custard factory next year if your in the midlands. One of dances i've enjoyed most in years. Valve soundsystem sounding crisp (comparisons are being made to how it sounded at mass in brixton) in secret factory warehouse under the digbeth arches. A.I and lowqui on some sick midnight set, couple of old school jungle orientated sets (pulp fiction sounded large). Then doc scott came on killing it with an amazing selection (first time i've heard the hornet by badcompany dropped in a while, I went fucking mad), then scratch perverts doing some sick hip-hop business (Ante up remix by MOP had the room going OFF), leaving bryan g and lemon D to finish off with some smooth grooves (new critical dub tunes sounding amazing), All this b2b loads of gorgeous ladies to dance with, no dickheads or trouble at all everyone I spoke to was sound, and a good breaks/electro set out of DJ yoda while I was chilling away from the drum bass made for a BADBOY new years eve. Highly reccomended.

9. danfreeman1

didnt sound like they were using 6 decks at all. might as well of been 3. the sound system was a lot better than previous SV events ive been to though and the atmosphere was pretty good as well. 3.50 for a bottle of carlseberg though lol

10. undermywheels

undermywheels New Member

Yeah rough, booze prices suck, was about the same at the custard factory. Glad that you had a good one though.

11. danfreeman1

yeah u 2 mate. ill tell u one thing that i didnt enjoy though...spending 8 hours on a coach up there and 7 hours back listening to hardcore pretty much all the way...coming down listening to hardcore is THE WORST thing i have ever had to do on a come down EVER lol

12. undermywheels

undermywheels New Member

Yeah, sod that off mate. Rough days. Im taking it it was an organised coach for the rave? Unlucky, should of cained a fat bifta and a few beers before you got on to knock yourself out, or where you all saucer eyed still ;)? fair play tho thats commitment, where did you travel from?

Edit - Just seen your location, cornwall. You nuttah.

13. mISHKA

mISHKA Member

Gutted lads,should have come with me to an illegal in london

£5 entry :D

3500 people

6 Soundsystems (4 of which played D&B :D )

All in a disused car park

[​IMG]

14. danfreeman1

ha ha right at the end of cornwall as well. yeah it was an organised coach by eventz travel.

used to be allowed to smoke on there but cos of the smoking ban ruining it for every1 we were only allowed to smoke when we stopped.

some1 almost got kicked off near bristol cos he tried smoking in the toilet on 3 different occasions. he was proper fucked as well as being a complete dickhead. aparently he was rolling around on the floor at 2 o clock outside the hardcore room lol.

"or where you all saucer eyed still ;)?"
    dont be silly ;)

15. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

jealous as fook mate I would have love to bin at a free party on nye unfortunatly I dont think the manchester sound systems did one. I aint been to one since the end of last year either. For some reason manc systems seem to be strugglin to get a big party goin with out police ruinin it. Which is makin it harder for ppl to get hold of the partyline It's a shame aswell cause the guys who run the DnB system know how to do a rave just ask someone from manchester about the "mental hospital rave" Sorry for ramblin on with my self

16. joe_newman

joe_newman Active Member

so did hazard have a set at nec nye??

17. rhino2106

rhino2106 Member

yeah, killed it as usual.

18. joe_newman

joe_newman Active Member

sweet, when do the cd packs come out ?

19. DubplateKillah

i was there n got in at 9.30 n hazard was on i was like wtf lol but he was my best set of night he always smashes it ,i was looking 4ward to hype till he walked off his set. tape pack is out 25th january bless up!

20. danfreeman1

the coach driver decided to be a wanker and stop for like 90 mins at exeter so i missed all of hazards set...slightly pissed off lol