Neatsu - Fears (Intelligent DnB/Jungle)

That pad is really nice, drum work is tight too. think that bassline that starts at 2:45 should make little appearances at the start of the track to kinda hint that it's going towards that imo. great track though, nice vibe really relaxing :)

Thx bro, I am glad you like it :) I totally agree about the bassline - one of the elements I really need to work additionally on this track - it's too simplistic compared to everything else.

really liking your stuff... clean productions. real smooth great atmosphere. maybe get some more variations in there some stop n starts. or some one off sounds.

What sample packs and synths are you using?

such a nice track, im loving the pads and bass, i went to itunes to pause the song for a second and forgot it was on soundcloud.

Thx for the positive comments guys :)

To SoveX - For this one I used the Jungle Ammunition sample pack - the samples there are great for composing jungle tunes. I use FL Studio 7 and Reason 5 for production and mastering.

To Nice - thx bro, I am happy you enjoyed the tune :)

I don't really listen to Jungle/Old School(ish) DnB, cause it doesn't take me to the places I want to go, but this track managed to teleport me somewhere distant... Thanks...

I am no pro in mixing(actually I am a noob at that), still I'll say what I think... The drums seem to be too highpassed for my ears... Maybe that was your intention for this certain style, but I personally like the kick to be present at the lower parts...
About the bass, it drops very clean and heavy, I like that, but if you look at the waverform, the bass seems to peak much higher than anything else. I don't know whether this is good or bad, but I certainly want to hear what the skilled guys have to say about this. From the mixing theory I know, the bass must peak 2dB lower than the kick. Please correct me if I am wrong, this could really boost my skills and your reputation.
Cheers, thanks again for the tune

To H-Star - Thanks so much for the comment bro, it made my day :)

I agree with what you are saying - actually I was kinda unsure if I wanted the kick to sound so high and I will probably work on it additionally - after all I am aiming for a chillout tune here - anything that disturbs the track's atmosphere should be corrected. Regarding your comment about the bass - I really don't know man (I am self-thought) but your theory sounds logical. I will research the topic and see what pops up but you are probably right.

Cheers!

Very nice. i know that pad well :) bass is very nice... simple; but- it works well with the amen.. loving the little fx and edits..

sylenth is worth a look for making sexy pads :)

Last edited:
I don't really listen to Jungle/Old School(ish)
I am no pro in mixing(actually I am a noob at that), still I'll say what I think...

Depends a great deal what you are listening on.
As for the 2db rule- I've never heard or heeded that before and its done me no harm.
Bottom line: if it sounds good- then it's good! :)

Thx Fishy:) This is my favourite style as well man, loving those old school vibes (Source Direct, Photek, etc). It's too bad that this music genre is not represented in the same way as it was back in the 90s.

I've researched the 2db thing a little bit and it seems that not many producers rely on it, so I guess chromey is right - as long as the bass sounds good, there is no need to follow this rule.

To djdevz - yeah man, the track is still in the mastering process and it could probably benefit of an additional synth. I'll see what I can do :)

love the old school sound on this man, the breaks are spot on and all the patterns are great.

very nice track!! feels like a sort of lazy sunday tune!! big up

although i would of had the main pad cut out and drop the track to a strictly drum and bass section where the beat is a little more chopped up and we have reached the pure jungle sound ?? if that makes any sense

@Luciduk - thx for listening to the track bro and for the recommendation on the pad - yeah it does make sense - to be honest I haven't thought of that way to cut it. I'll experiment with it and see what happens. Oh and yeah - I am glad you like the tune :)

Back
Top Bottom