Neatsu - Delusions (Liquid/Intelligent DnB)

Neatsu

Neatsu
Long time no see people :)

I just wanted to share a little tune I made recently. Nothing too fancy really, just the basic stuff:

http://soundcloud.com/neatsu/neatsu-delusions

Feedback and criticism are welcome to say the least. I would really appreciate if you could give me some recommendations on the final part (as this is the section where I got stuck and decided that I will not "extend" the track) and how I could develop it further!

Peace!

nice style bro, has a nice open atmosphere sorta sound =) as for the end, try adding some new parts even if its just different percussion or a new pad. modulate it a bit and youv got an ending

peace!

Cheers mate! Thx for the feedback. Will probably try adding a beat variation, some jungle percussions and probably a different pad.

yeah its cool, definately needs a bit of a switch up in the beats, keep it progressing in the intelligent drum and bass style, but nice atmospheres and ideas going on

I like your style on this one man. kinda reminds me of the production on tony colmans new album. keep it up.

My opinion but i think the amen you bring in now and again is a little bit too heavy for the track. I'd probably high pass it a bit more and add some verb. your tune tho.

I think some really unique vocals, portishead style would work really nice in this too.

Thx guys! I appreciate the feedback! @ Stiffer - yeah, man. I thought about switching the track to pure intelligent dnb from one point onward, I just fail to produce the right beats probably. Will work on that. @ elmaruk - I agree about the amen, it's somewhat heavy for a chill tune. Actually this was my first time trying to implement in such a way two beats, kinda like crossfade beat mix. I will try to improve the track as much as possible, that's for sure. :)

you've done a good job of it my friend and it works just fine as it is. that's just how i would have done it.

Love the atmosphere on this one, but as alrdy said the drums could use some variation. Loving the amen btw ;D

drums are sick mate with the amen stepping in... and the pad is awesome.. this is the dnb i love proper dreamy but still quite hard hitting. i reckon the bass needs a bit more like warmth and roundness to it.. then i think u got a sick tune on ur hands mate

@ underspawn and @ ruksi - big ups guys, thx for giving the track a listen! I like to make my drums as varied as possible so this will be a must for this track as well. As for the bass, yeah, it really lacks the "ambiance" that most intelligent dnb/jungle tracks have. Probably will add some effects to it and we'll see what will happen.

Last edited:
Sup dude

Really nice pad to start the tune off with man would sound even better IMO with some nice automated filtering and maybe a lead instrument of a plucked nature or some rich sounding bleeps working with the pad. If this was my tune I would work on creating some nice chopped amen drum patterns that would drop on the 1.30 mark with the pads running through a dipping and rising high pass filter in some way so the track moves from calm and placid at the intro to more erratic and technical at the drop onwards. The drum edits and stuff would be great fun and a chance to show off some editing skills :) Some really nice clean work here mate and I look forward to hearing how you choose to progress it :) much respect

@ InsideCorrosion - big ups bro! Thx so much for the feedback and even more for the recommendations! :) Your ideas sound great, especially the one about how the track should progress from the drop onward! I am currently working on a few amens and some pads that hopefully will work well with the tune. I will do what I can to make it better. Respect mate!

Back
Top Bottom