NDX400 vs AXIS 9's + Mixer recommendation

Zkinz

:DJ Ocelot:
VIP Junglist
Hello people,

Been looking at buying a pair of CDJ's, havent got much of a budget but Ive been looking at the Numark NDX400's and the Axis 9's. as far as I can see the axis 9 model is a bit older but seems pretty widely available and above all cheaper! but the ndx400 can play any format of cd aswell as having a usb slot (not essential, but could be useful??).

just wondering who's had any experience of these models and which one would be the best to go for!?

also, not sure what mixer would be the best on this setup, something cheap and durable but with a decent amount of effects etc.

and if you were buying a pair of cdj's and a mixer, which are generally safer to buy second hand? would you recommend buying any of this equipment new??

thanks very much for any helpingz you can offer !!

anyone?

if it helps, I mainly want the setup for messing about in my bedroom, but will occassionaly want to move it into the livingroom/basement for parties.

think I'd need 3 channels on the mixer atleast as I may consider buying a turntable in the future, to pick up all those vinyl gems from back in deyaaa!! any solid recommendations?

Vestax VMC004 4 channel mixer, pretty basic -no effects and 3 band eq but it does the job and im sure you can find one 2nd hand for cheap

think theyre maybe a version with fx if u want them too

cheers mate, ye think a 4 channel + mixer would be best option. my mate recommended I get a Behringer DJX750..opinions?

caammm on people, was hoping Id get a bit more advice on the cdjs! :banana:

I've got an NDX400 and it's brilliant for the price. Hardly ever burn CDs, just use the usb slot all the time, way quicker and easier. To be honest though, I rarely use it as I love vinyl far too much.

dont get the axis 9, youll miss a slot in cd drive. i had the axis 4 for quite some time and the cd drive just becomes a pain in the ass.

what do you mean by miss a slot? looks like ndx400 could be a better, if more expensive option then.

anyone had experience of both the axis 9's and the ndx400 to compare??

NDX400's are sick for the price!

been messing about on my mates for ages and they are easy to use, hooking it up with two vinyl decks added so much fun to mixing too!

awesome! yeh I think I will go for the ndx400's then, and will probably pick up a behringer djx700 second hand as Ive heard good things, less anyone really recommends the djx750. not sure what improvements are on it?

just need to figure out a good speaker setup to buy now for me new gaff!

I'm currently running a djx750, it's an ok beginer mixer. I've heard various comments about it braking, but i've had mine for 2 years & nothing has gone round with it.

For the money, you won't find a better mixer.

Back
Top Bottom