Nazi Business - WIP

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by richie_stix, Sep 29, 2009.

1. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

http://soundcloud.com/richie_stix/richie-stix-nazi-business-hybrid

This is the 3rd time round with this tune... its a combo of two tunes i was working on but wasn't liking wither so combined them to give me something!

Pretty pleased with the drums and the synth... bass needs phattening (but that is just a matter of eq), hats and snares need highlighting with the eq too! just a mix down to go really!

there is the odd bit here or there that needs correcting (ie a few snare layers are missing in places?) composition wise but it's 98% there!

advice and opinions needed please, i am aware this will not be to many's taste but please keep criticism constructive! :D

2. Sweaty Teddy

Sweaty Teddy Nob'ed

Like this man, like you said bass needs to be fatter but thats easy enough to sort. Drum pattern is good but I reckon the kick could be beefed up a bit and maybe the snare could cut through just a tiny bit more.

3. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

yeah, i do agree with ya on the kicks... thinking about layering them up, the current one is all lows and no mids, so it doesn't sound natural!

bass is a case of re-equeing!

4. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

anyone else wana give me some tips/advice/crtique?

5. co0ke

co0ke windowlicker

got a nice flow to it after the drop man. i think the opening synth bits in the intro could do with a bit more impact though, like more stab to them? dont think it would hurt to maybe have a couple of different sounds instead of, or to accompany the main jumpuppy synth - switch it up a bit, but otherwise id say pretty solid man (y)

6. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

yeah, was thinking that i need to switch up the main synth actually! the variation of the patterns aint quite noticable enough!

and the sound in the intro is a sample so not much i can do with it in the way you are suggesting, but i am currently trying to put some stereo effects on it and ting!

7. Dave Dexcell

Dave Dexcell Dexcell

Simple as that lol

Try making a lower version of the noise you got ie take it down an octive and maybe bring the cut off down a tad..

IN WORDS... Current: waw waw waw waw
    New: Woah Woah Whoah

lol

I Like it!!

8. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

maybe it's not noticable in the second lot of 32's after the drop (1.05) that the synth does change? it must not be significant enough then... i will apply what you mentioned and see what happens!

means a lot that you like it too, since you boys produce nicely polished tracks!