Native Instruments Razor

yeah the mentasm you hear in old rave (as well as new, hope that sound never goes away). my mates used to call me karl edgar hoover cos i used it in every song, and looking back, im pretty sure i was on to something

Ah i know what ya mean. Karl Edgar Hoover ey? Innovator of the hoover sound, surprised theres not a book about you.

it's a cool synth, got some weird ass waveforms and filters. kinda wish it just had some simpler waveforms too but whatever. you can get real wacky sounds with it, still haven't got fully used to it yet and i still go to massive a lot of the time as i know it better and can get things done faster but razor is definitely sick.

Looks like a sweet plug! I plan on getting it about this time nxt month. If you haven't already, head on over to YouTube and check out Torley's project preset. He runs though every single preset or "snapshot" of Razor, not to mention his videos leave you crazy inspired to sit down and jam!

In any case Razor looks like a beast and for the price of $79 USD and compatibility be used with the Reaktor Player, it something not to be missed!

dude is reaktor player what i think it is? im imagining a vst wrapper for reaktor that lets you run instruments and effects off it, is that true?

Reaktor Player is just the free version of Reaktor, you can't save patches interally into Reaktor (which sucks if you wanted to use it as a stand alone) but you can save them to your DAW if you are using something like Logic. You also cannot create plugs or use plugs others created. It only comes with Carbon, Nuskool and some drone plug but you can also download the free Micro Prism (a lite version of Prism Modal Synth) addition too off the NI website. You can also run the full version of Reaktor in Demo mode for about 30 minutes.

Pretty much for the poor folk like me but it still comes in handy and Razor is supposed to work just the same as on the full version minus the saving your patch interally, but I can save it to Logic so that's no big deal for me.

its pretty dope. I use it for the basic waveforms which i process in my sampler. Its pretty easy to make a massive sound which is great for some, the effects are good quality and take a bit of cpu if used on the highest quality. For 89$ or whatever its pretty neat. Id use it over massive but thats just me and how i use soft synths

Used it for a bit, it's nice but didn't convince me to stick with it, still prefer surge, alchemy, or massive.

Back
Top Bottom