nasty reece thread

http://www.mediafire.com/?i3ntm2tfzmk
THOR
2 multi osc detuned
1 square routed thru a state variable filter
second multi routed thru comb filter ( hi res)
routed thru low pass
thru spider audio splitter into two diffrent channel on a mixer
tube distortion on both but with diffrent setting
eq and compression on both
second channel :
unison
more eq and compression
stereoimager
split off to 4 channels thru splitter
each channel have and diffrent eq on the vocoder eq setting
every one individually filtered and compressed
and those sent thru one channel then thru a distortion and more compression
then split off and sent into a eq
then reverbed and slightly distorted
more stereo imaging
eqed
the sent thru filter
then distorted again then compressed and eqed
then used malestorm for sub with simple compression and eq
the merged together with the first more clean channel then connected to the combinator
and i think i got everything in there lol
http://www.mediafire.com/?i3ntm2tfzmk

Here's a dry version first. It's kinda cheating i guess, since it's a sample: it's ages old, can't even remember where i got it from. Simply dubbed "Hoover_XXL.wav". Sounds simple enough tho, i bet i could create it on a synth too but cant be arsed to.

I put up a whole sequence because i think a lot of the badness comes from the melody and the discord. i'll name this tune "antinote" or "antichord"... you lot better not steal that name tho!:boxing:

Attachments

• urinal_dry.mp3
    524.7 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
And this is the processed version.

It's split on 2 channels:

1: LP @ 2,5KHz -> HP @ 75Hz -> FilterShaper mixed 75% with a HP rhythmical lfo going all over the place
2: HP @ 450Hz -> Fruity Blood Overdrive on pretty hash settings mixed about 75% -> CamelPhat on lighter settings, mostly filtering -> PSP mixpressor2 -> Plate reverb

plus it's got 2 more layers coming from a free synth called TAL-Elek7ro. The other is a pure sub layer and the second is highpassed, bitcrushed and hard limited.

Attachments

• urinal_3.mp3
    525.3 KB · Views: 52

1: LP @ 2,5KHz -> HP @ 75Hz -> FilterShaper mixed 75% with a HP rhythmical lfo going all over the place
2: HP @ 450Hz -> Fruity Blood Overdrive on pretty hash settings mixed about 75% -> CamelPhat on lighter settings, mostly filtering -> PSP mixpressor2 -> Plate reverb

plus it's got 2 more layers coming from a free synth called TAL-Elek7ro. The other is a pure sub layer and the second is highpassed, bitcrushed and hard limited.

i like the under tone of the reece like i dunno sound like every time the note hits there is a random white noise kinda sound ?
perhaps from the bitcrusher.
but i like the main part sounds like a old school reece

i think its just the low bitrate of the original sample coming through because of the overdrive, if i understand what you mean... if you listen to the original very carefully you'll notice it there too.

Could you explain the low end bit more please?

and I'll get to work on this thread later on. Don't want to get out my synths and plug everything in right now.

On a side note, something completely off, but not deserving it's own thread.

I am sure it was you karma that gave the advise of putting a sine under the kick to make it in tune. Well, I've found proof that this is a tried and tested method.

6:20 or so with just the beat, you can hear it clearly.

So trust the man!

I am sure it was you karma that gave the advise of putting a sine under the kick to make it in tune. Well, I've found proof that this is a tried and tested method.

im yet to try this im guessing its just a high res filter sin wave to make kinda of cluby kick so it goes along with the sub bass better??
correct me if im wrong find this quiet intresting..

On a side note, something completely off, but not deserving it's own thread.

6:20 or so with just the beat, you can hear it clearly.

wherewherewhere`??!

Could you explain the low end bit more please?

Nothing would please my more my son. I just noticed the sub isnt a simple sine either, it has a FM sine thing mixed in higher, which gives it a little character. The second synth is a saw and a square as a sub osc, and it fills a place between the other synth's high and low sounds. It's modulated with a pitch LFO, something or other - Elek7ro has a option to modulate the mixing somehow, called OSC1+2. not sure what this does exactly but it sounds good.

Attachments

• urinal_layers.mp3
    220.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
wherewherewhere`??!

"hot tip #3: Layer a very short decay sine or square (or any other melodic oscillator for that matter) to make your drum hits go in tune with other material. If you dont have any melodic elements, try C for kick and G for snare, also known as the Perfect Fifth interval."

In your own words. I write down most of what you say and save it for later :D

oh you... you, you fool :P i meant as in "where's the tune?" that has that?

Was gonna say but i said at 6:30 or something. Basicaly near the end, where the drums are clearly audible without subs and all in the background. Youd need decent subs to hear it. But for sure its a sine!

Dj rap - good to be alive (ganja kru remix)

Sorry about that. Im sick and it real late here.

What's up with these threads that pop up two days old already. Is there some secret society or something?

Back
Top Bottom