Nasty Popping From My Speakers

Time Dependant

Jungle Hunter
VIP Junglist
Messages
2,173
Likes
3
#1
Hello to one & all this isn't really a production question as such but I reckon I could a good answer from the people who post here. I seem to be getting really nasty pops & crackles from my speakers lately this is mixed with the subtle sound of white noise & I really don't know how to get rid of it. I've checked the speaker wire & that looks ok, I've also checked my plugs to make sure nothing is unconnected or hanging loose but again everything seems to be ok. Everytime I switch my decks on & off the speakers pop & as I'm sitting here typing I get the constant & if I'm honest fucking annoying sound of my speakers sounding like they want to explode.

If anyone knows why this is please help as you could save a wannabe producer from throwing his equipment out of the window!!
 

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
Messages
12,717
Likes
17
#2
I had a low hum in my audio for months, I took apart the whole cabling system in an attempt to repair it, didn't work. One day I was cleaning up and I disconnected my TFT monitor, turns out the TFT was on the way out and causing the bloody hum (via my soundcard).

Suffice to say, since my discovery I've bought a 19" TFT to put hin in it's place :teeth:
 

Time Dependant

Jungle Hunter
VIP Junglist
Messages
2,173
Likes
3
#3
sdm said:
I had a low hum in my audio for months, I took apart the whole cabling system in an attempt to repair it, didn't work. One day I was cleaning up and I disconnected my TFT monitor, turns out the TFT was on the way out and causing the bloody hum (via my soundcard).

Suffice to say, since my discovery I've bought a 19" TFT to put hin in it's place :teeth:
Suppose it wouldn't hurt to try it all with out turning my computer on it's weird as it's only just started & I don't know why it's gone like this. Maybe a TFT from a beloved would help this christmas, mum if your lurking............
 

Affliction

thought size didnt matter
VIP Junglist
Messages
1,192
Likes
3
#4
sayber said:
Everytime I switch my decks on & off the speakers pop
mate! you should never turn equipment on and off while you're speakers are on! It causes a spike of electricity that can damage your speakers...

There's a specific sequence when turning things on and off.... speakers and amps are *always* last on, first off!
that's THE UNWRITTEN LAW!! :2thumbs:
 

Time Dependant

Jungle Hunter
VIP Junglist
Messages
2,173
Likes
3
#5
Affliction said:
mate! you should never turn equipment on and off while you're speakers are on! It causes a spike of electricity that can damage your speakers...

There's a specific sequence when turning things on and off.... speakers and amps are *always* last on, first off!
that's THE UNWRITTEN LAW!! :2thumbs:
Cool I'll remember that for future reference. Do u know why my speakers pop without turning on equipment e.g. I'm sitting on my pc everythings is already on then all of a sudden *pop* then 5 minutes later *pop*
 

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
Messages
12,717
Likes
17
#6
sayber said:
Cool I'll remember that for future reference. Do u know why my speakers pop without turning on equipment e.g. I'm sitting on my pc everythings is already on then all of a sudden *pop* then 5 minutes later *pop*
Maybe it's got something to do with these guys?



:teeth:
 

Bad Ace

Close2Death
VIP Junglist
Messages
3,319
Likes
10
#7
it can occur if for instance sum 1 turns on the kitchen light......i dont know why but my mixin speakers do it.also if u have ur decks connected up to ur pc and then ur pc connected to ur amp it can cause humming.might b that.
 

Time Dependant

Jungle Hunter
VIP Junglist
Messages
2,173
Likes
3
#8
sdm said:
Maybe it's got something to do with these guys?



:teeth:
You wait till I see those little rats!!!!!!!! Yeah it could be to do with my computer I reckon one of the power cables from my PC maybe faulty & is causing it to do it now & again when I move into my new place I'm gonna sort my setup real good.
 
Top