Nasty, Noisia style track.

DubC

Close your ears!
I've been sat on this for a while but not had time to finish it, I added some more stuff to it today, so I thought I'd put it up for you to have a listen to. Got a new player now too, so if anyone wants to listen to my tracks in a good quality player, go here: http://www.sub-bassmusic.com/profile/dubC

Track is called Sumo.

Would love some feedback if you've got any feelings on this one, easy.

sounding good from what i can hear man, i dont think my parents would appreciate me blasting the sub at this time of night to "check" the bass. lol!:D

Nah I wouldn't have thought so, lol. Give it a blast when it's more appropriate man. Thanks for listening though. =]

nice dark ambiance and the bass sound is used with originality.
generally though it leaves alot to be desired, drums are sketchy and distant, the bass seems random at times as does the structure. basically it sounds novice, but it does show a lot of promise, as such.

not bad sounding but the drums are very quiet in comparison to the bass
but i be likin that bass sound
werk on the drums a bit more -get em loud and clean and you are on your way bro
respect

Think I'll brighten them up a bit and take the reverb off them. Cheers for your reply. Easy.

Drums need the work, sounds like you got the right idea for sure

Drums need more layers to fill them out and ick n snare need to be a lot stronger

Good fx and such in this though :)

:gang_bang Cheers for the kind words and advice guys, I'll let you all know once I've sorted the drums out. =] Everyone seems to be saying the same thing so I'll get on it as soon as I can. Watch this thread. =]

Again, thank you for your replies. Much respect.

Last edited:
safesafe

really liking the warping sound.
what prog you using to make this tune?

feeling that when the drums come in they need to be louder/more prominent, or at least on the first downbeat.

overall think it has a nice feel. i would like a bit more variation - but thats just me - maybe tweak the warping sound more for a section?

keep at it tho man :thumbsup:

safesafe

really liking the warping sound.
what prog you using to make this tune?

feeling that when the drums come in they need to be louder/more prominent, or at least on the first downbeat.

overall think it has a nice feel. i would like a bit more variation - but thats just me - maybe tweak the warping sound more for a section?

keep at it tho man :thumbsup:

Cheers for replying man! I use Reason by the way. Got 3 and 4, and Fruityloops.

The new version of this tune is now the top tune the embedded player! I've changed lots of things in the tune... The drums have been scrapped and re-written to avoid over editing the original ones. There's now 2 bassdrums and totally different hi hats and layers. I've also added some sound effects, reverb and emphasis on some of the snares.

I have given the tune more of a rolling feel and variated the bassline on the second drop to make it more interesting. It would be wicked if the guys that replied in the first instance could give a second opinion now beings they advised me to make the changes. =] Thanks for all your help with this tune by the way! It's much appreciated!!! :not_worth

Easy!

Back
Top Bottom