NASA Test - $18,000 for 70 days in bed

dizzledee

equinox
VIP Junglist
https://bedreststudy.jsc.nasa.gov/cft.aspx

So Nasa are paying big money to anyone who is happy to stay in bed for 70 straight days.. reckon you could do it?

It works out at just under £12k... but 2 months of straight lying down (if you're one of the unlucky non exercising ones) surely it would drive you nuts? Think I'd be genuinely tempted to apply if it wasn't in the US.

Agent Smith

Currently Putins Koala
VIP Junglist
That muscle twitch test sounds fucked up.

I saw the "Muscle Twitch Test" on my agenda. Researchers strapped me into a modified leg extension machine, put a shin guard on my right leg, and fastened it to the machine while they explained the nature of the test: "The brain only allows you to exert about 85 percent of a muscle's full capability, so in order to bypass that limitation and measure the full force of your muscle, we are attaching these electrodes to your leg to stimulate it directly at varying amperages until we find its maximum output." In layman terms, they shocked the fuck out of my leg some 20 times to see how hard I would kick. After the fifth shock, I was wincing and cursing; by the tenth, I was wishing eternal damnation upon all of NASA.
Some people will do anything for money.
Great read though.

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
haaaaaaa [MENTION=48381]Alert[/MENTION]! nice one.

so i read the thing above and hes not done it, hes one week in, live blogging the whole thing. apparently they have to sleep in six degrees incline and that fucks with your shit BIG TIME. read the blog its actually really interesting. and bizarre. NASA sounds like a tip top organization to work for.

sam the dnb man

Variation
VIP Junglist
As much as I need the money I wouldn't want to put my body through that. Your muscles would suffer from atrophy.
Not going to the gym and moving on to an office job has affected me quite a bit.
Laying down for two months would make me look like a crackhead

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
i think i laid down for 8 months once. like when this girlfriend i had left me, i straight laid down for a whole month, i know that much. barely stood up to eat, get alcohol, toilet breaks and shower. and i do mean barely. so then, when i was unemployed but on some serious dole, i did the same for 8 months. granted i had a house in the countryside of holland and had to commute into town to get drugs, and if i wanted to stay out i had to arrange to sleep at a mates house so that part was ten thousand times more arduous and i remember now, the main reason why i want my own place in central amsterdam. because staying out late, having nowhere to go, and no option but to adhere to your mates will until he decides its time to go home, is for fucking amateurs and teenagers, i do not want to be in that situation.

Catsel

Well☣Known Dismember
VIP Junglist
with the right amount of ganja, tea, sandwiches, good tv b2b ps3 and bourbon biscuits im in (y)

id even let them suck me off to see if my sperm is swimming or crabbing sideways down their chin.