DnB name 5 or 10 of ur favourite MODERN! dnb tunes ;)

Jayk47

Rameses B - Visionary play it, crank it ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykI7glq9LRE
Hugh Hardie - closer play it, crank it ;)

Anth M - time of the season play it, crank it ;)

fred v and grafix - Games people play.... play it, crank it ;)

Anth M - Groove caller play it, crank it ;)

Hugh Hardie - tearing me apart play it, crank it ;)

anyone that checks these tunes out, could u let us know of some other tunes same kinda style, I know these are liquid but I love drum n bass with instruments like piano, saxo, guitar ect ...their my kinda tunes

oh and my get up and go dnb tune is this 1 ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn2pXBcOW1Q

How long have you been listening to D&B? :rolleyes:
Why would you call your stuff "modern"? I give you five I think are modern. I think they are modern because they are unique, they have their own style and they have all changed people's mindset of the music we call d&b. Forward thinking music, scratching the edges not using the formulaic stuff others been using for years just to get the BBC Radio 1 coverage:

Probably shouldn't have replied anyway...

Last edited by a moderator:
No order

Fracture - feat. Dawn Day Night - Get Busy
Axon - Sttr
Rockwell - Detroit
Camo & Krooked - Ruhepuls
Neosignal - Sequenz (Mefjus Remix)
Fis - DMT Usher
Billain - Fiber Twist (Goddamn if you read that story up on his Facebook it's impossible to not be impressed)
Bungle - Aura
Frederic Robinson - Theme Park (or his whole album actually)
Need For Mirrors - Voltaire

I believe that all of these tunes brought something new to the table or are pushing existing boundaries, but I've missed so many more (Auxiliary, Horo, Exit stuff)
dnb is in a good place right now

!
edit: ok I missed that you wanted us to post similiar tunes, just search that topic and you'll find what you're searching for as you're not the first one thats asked that
http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php/162389-¿Which-Liquid-DnB-song-can-you-recommend-me/page2
!

Last edited:
thanks a lot for feedback guys, I'm knew to this site like literally yesterday and I'm glad I've found it :) with people in the know about the latest goings on in the DnB scene. Thanks for replies, a lot of tunes + artists that I might not of heard about and highly rated by you guys :) ............ any1 have a favourite from my thread? I'd like to know :) .... or just shoot me down and tell me there all shit :( lol *_* < jus so u know .. "I was high when I wrote this so suck my dick"

No order

Fracture - feat. Dawn Day Night - Get Busy
Axon - Sttr
Rockwell - Detroit
Camo & Krooked - Ruhepuls
Neosignal - Sequenz (Mefjus Remix)
Fis - DMT Usher
Billain - Fiber Twist (Goddamn if you read that story up on his Facebook it's impossible to not be impressed)
Bungle - Aura
Frederic Robinson - Theme Park (or his whole album actually)
Need For Mirrors - Voltaire

I believe that all of these tunes brought something new to the table or are pushing existing boundaries, but I've missed so many more (Auxiliary, Horo, Exit stuff)
dnb is in a good place right now

!
edit: ok I missed that you wanted us to post similiar tunes, just search that topic and you'll find what you're searching for as you're not the first one thats asked that
http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php/162389-¿Which-Liquid-DnB-song-can-you-recommend-me/page2
!

Detroit is not original. It's a bite on what some other producers have been doing for a few years. It's a nice tune, but not groundbreaking. No disrespect intended to Rockwell, btw. I'm just pointing that out.

liquid, easy melodies, lots of old breaks, sampled melodies of old jazz, funk things, just easy vibes

mainstream, dancefloor dnb or cheese if you want (you posted that, weird tune lol) lots of synth things on a higher pitch and cheesy repetetive melodies and preferably sliced up vocal snippets throughout

Detroit is not original. It's a bite on what some other producers have been doing for a few years. It's a nice tune, but not groundbreaking. No disrespect intended to Rockwell, btw. I'm just pointing that out.

please link me to those other producers songs, as I haven't heard a tune like that before? (bare in mind, I am pretty young so I obviously could have missed some)

please link me to those other producers songs, as I haven't heard a tune like that before? (bare in mind, I am pretty young so I obviously could have missed some)

I guess it depends on how you define D&B and footwork/juke. Tunes like Detroit are kind of a fusion. Sinistarr, Calculon, Austin Speed, Ital Tek, Chrissy Muderbot, DJ Spinn and some others have been at it for a while. Even Stray, Om Unit, Fracture, Addison Groove, Sam Binga and Machinedrum kind of laid out the template. One half of Flosstradamus (DJ Autobot) was doing this kind of thing back in the early 2000's. Detroit is a fantastic tune, but not really the groundbreaking tune that started it, if I interpreted your post correctly.

obviously footwork/juke influenced dnb has been around for much longer, still doesn't change the fact that i haven't heard a dnb tune that executed it in such a manner

Back
Top Bottom