My Tricks [darkstep-halfstep-technoid]

Sick track! Really catchy drums and a nice harsch drop!

Maybe though, try to keep it a bit more interesting throughout the track with more builds or verses? At the end you have those arps, but I feel they don't really stand out so much, given the phat bass that surrounds it.

Teach me how to make those drums though, it sounds freaking amazing.. :O

thanks a lot guys... but i don't get the variety thing... like, i think it has like tons of variety...
goes from a darkstep track to a technoid track, passing through halfstep, the guys at the label themselves said that the strong point on this was the variety of all the hitsies thingies all around the tune...

but i still get your criticism on a good basis =) i just don't understand where you want the variety, in the sounds or in the structure?

cheers :)

Hahaha more variety, it didn't even stay the same did it? Minimal? yeah no, you're still not that guy. Big and phat man, I remember when you first posted a couple of half good tunes, then you got really good real fast, then you went away, now you just come back to spam....ah whatever, it's still awesome.

then you went away, now you just come back to spam....

I first lol'd to that, and then felt a bit sad, cause it's true.
At first I found myself spamming all my WIPS all around, now I just wait for the finished tune to spam it,
also having much less time with many side-projects and university...
but I do come from time to time and give feedback on tunes that aren't minimal/rollers or dubstep!!!

apart! thanks for your feedback and for listening to (seems like) the entire tune :)

thanks everyone for your time =)

Obviously it's not the structure that isn't varied man!
Don't take this the wrong way I love your track :p

Okay anyway what I meant was:
the synth that comes in at 1:33 is maybe a little overrun by the bass still. It's definitely properly mixed, but it doesn't really stand out. Same with the arps at the end. They are there, but I feel they don't really ADD something to the song.

Things that do keep the track really interesting is something as the little break at 2:11. I think you could add more of those wavy pads here and there. Doesn't even require a drum break, but just to keep things easy on the ears.

Anyway... your way outta my level, so if you don't agree your probably right. Just one thing to always remember; the listeners are the king. Golden rule ;)

thanks a lot for your kind feedback Nucleoid :) wish I posted this before and get all this feedback before... that's already released on SickBrain Rec's (not my soundcloud)
and would be kind of... wrong to change it after releasing the track in the label... =(

again, thanks a lot everyone! :)

Of course, I understand ;)

A question to you: how did you find a label?! Or are you one of those few lucky people that got "discovered" by a record company? I'm really eager to go professional myself and even a decline of a label could potentially give me the feedback I need to make it there (at another company obviously ;))

it can happen either way, they find you, or you find them. Usually a label finds you by posting on sites like this ;)
in my case, I got discovered by the first labels but if you want to go deep into big labels you have to have contacts and your music should be on a standard to fit into these labels.

There are too many good labels out there right now, free labels that can give you way big exposure.

But my advice that should be taken as the most important imo is not to rush on getting into labels, is something I did, and was a bad move cause you'll be having tunes released out there on labels that you may not like too much and the most important, having tunes from you out there that you think could have been MUCH BETTER, so wait till you're happy with your level and don't rush if you're persistent it will come up by itself ;)

I completely agree with that, I'm even disappointed with songs I posted on YouTube and soundcloud ;) But I'll know when the level I want to reach is there. I know what sound I am looking for, but I just can't find the way to make it yet ;)

However, when I do find it.. What is a label you might suggest? (I don't even want a big label, eventhough I know some people in the music business)
A small label is what I seek I guess..

thanks JSDNB
and Nucleoid there are no labels I'd suggest for your style wise... in fact my advice was for not even thinking about it ;) just make music and play it out!

Back
Top Bottom