My second try on DnB... Stoknuk

phatness dude!! sometimes there is only neuro and not enough funk...generous helping of funk here!!
ain't sayin this cos u commented on my track either...gonna comment on your waveform! I only do that when I dig a track!

Mix sounds a little dull...lacking a bit of high-end and clarity imo, unfortunately not listening on monitors so can't give u more advice, but nice work! 2nd track?

Well done, u must be obsessed like me...my 1st couple of tracks were bangers str8 out of the box!

Seriously keep it up...will interested to hear ur progress!!:D

edit: listened again...defo some mix problems...on second listen whilst your drums seem to be loud enough in the mix...there seems to be a lack of bottom end smack/ cohesiveness/?/something...not sure if I m feelin the sub the way I should...I m sure u will get better advice from other ppl on the forum.

Last edited:
2nd track.....you gotta be fuckin shitting me????? Seriously?

If this is only your 2nd track then I bow down to you my friend......this has got huuuuuge potential!

I agree that the kicks, although they are punchy, they just seem to lack a little low end on thier frequencies. But thats not a big deal really. You should be proud of yourself mate....

agree with above, you've got the sound down nicely! just need to get the mixdown and EQ right, takes time, but from the sound of it, u aint for off sum dirty dirty tracks, will be lookin out for more from ya!

Hi Guys,

First of all thanks for the comments and advice... Really makes me happy, i was anxious to post here knowing more advanced producer will listen. Any way glad i'd posted.. :D

This track cost me a lifetime already to get the sound right, since i didnt get the dirty sound i wanted i believe i layered 5 synths or so for the reece.. I filtered everything below 80hz same for the kick. For sub i let a pure sinus role with it.. Correct me if im wrong but that's how i should do it right?

I'm busy on a new track now and there the sub is more prominent due to volume.. ;) plus i sidechained the kick with the sub... Thinking of trying that with this track to....

In a few days i will grab my nuts and mix this track all over again. Still advice idieas more than welcome :) Thx so far..

Btw producing with Hifi speakers and a Senheizer headphone...

Peace...

---------- Post added at 18:29 ---------- Previous post was at 18:25 ----------

@@ Mr Fletch: Hey thanks man !! seriously my second try, my first was about 3 minutes ;) Well i wanna bow down to you and thank you for your comment dude Thx alot.. MADE MY DAY HERE !!!

Last edited:
Correct me if im wrong but that's how i should do it right?

there is no right or wrong, I use sine sub sumtimes, but usually I prefer to take the sub from the rest of the bass sound (usually distorted saw/SQ combo), just because it produces more interesting harmonics for me, of course it depends how you EQ wether or not that is a good option for you, everyone has their style and sound they like :) as long as it all fits together and pumps, its good....keep at it! (i am also producing on a hifi at the moment, damn monitors died :( my sennheizers saves the day tho sumtimes!)

there is no right or wrong, I use sine sub sumtimes, but usually I prefer to take the sub from the rest of the bass sound (usually distorted saw/SQ combo), just because it produces more interesting harmonics for me,

I dont know if i understand you right but your using synths or whatever reece kind of bass you want, but do not cut the lows just let it roll??
These are also distorted saws but when playd back without sub wont do the job.. Pff its hard man to get the big sounding basses and tunes..

And not sure what u mean by SQ combo though... Thx

I dont know if i understand you right but your using synths or whatever reece kind of bass you want, but do not cut the lows just let it roll??
These are also distorted saws but when playd back without sub wont do the job.. Pff its hard man to get the big sounding basses and tunes..

And not sure what u mean by SQ combo though... Thx

no i never 'just let it roll', sub taken from a Saw or Square needs more careful EQ and Compression detail than a pure sine sub layer, i dont use pure sine wave sub's very often. I prefer to layer my bass synths up, group/buss them, then split them into diffrent bandwidths for eg sub/mid/high, and then work on each layer seperatly

no i never 'just let it roll', sub taken from a Saw or Square needs more careful EQ and Compression detail than a pure sine sub layer, i dont use pure sine wave sub's very often. I prefer to layer my bass synths up, group/buss them, then split them into diffrent bandwidths for eg sub/mid/high, and then work on each layer seperatly

Hhm, ok handy information here. I know its all about experimentation and finding your own sound but i´m realy gonna play with other subs now than a pure sine... I+m also splitting my Reeces up in sub/mid/high, i dont buss them but work on each sybnth seperatly so i can play arround with volume and highpass during the arrangement. But alway filtering everything below 80hz or so to fine the sine... Defintitly a lot to learn.. ANyway thanks alot bro for your comments.. +)

Back
Top Bottom