My productions r getting really dark... what do u think? (no liquid u'll find here)

Rajstah Vibe

soundcloud.com/rajstah
VIP Junglist
Hello everybody!!!
I'm new on this forum, but not to drum'n bass... :coffee:
I would like to introduce immediately my productions... I have everthing uploaded on

If u check my soundcloud page u'll find many other different tracks, the latest one it's a bit really hardcore!!! :D
I've never published anything for any labels... i don't know why, it's many years already that i produce, but maybe my sound will never reach any interest??? :|
Well... I would like to have some suggestion with this my post... but before to give any advice, plz, listen to my sound...
Do u think that i could be ready to be distribuite?
Wich label will u suggest?
Why it's so hard to get considered from labels??? :alchy:
Thanks in advance to who may will reply!!!
Peace Bross!!!

Re: My productions r getting really dark... what do u think? (no liquid u'll find her

haha im actually loving this, very different, the bending sub bass im loving too.

the only downside is the mix sounding really cluttered.

Re: My productions r getting really dark... what do u think? (no liquid u'll find her

mmmh... u mean there's too much noiz all 2gether? Mayb the drums r too heavy... Or u mean the general final sound it's distorted? :hotpants:

not my cup of tea man

not my cup of tea man

awww... sorry! :(
Have u just listened the first one or something more on my SC page?
What's ur kind of DnB?

Last edited:

i dunno i hate that hardcore stuff, 200mph drums and sound effects doesnt seem to have any significance to me and it doesnt seem hard to make. i like drum and bass not noise, basically. anything minimal, deep, neuro, tech or real liquid i like all those styles that show an element of depth

---------- Post added at 16:19 ---------- Previous post was at 16:16 ----------

i dont understand how anybody could enjoy listening to that track its absolutly horrible, does it follow a musical strategy or structure or do you simply say right im gonna put a shit load of drums everywhere and horrible bass sounds everywhere..

does this kind of thing require a mixdown or do you just turn everythnig up to 120 ?

---------- Post added at 16:25 ---------- Previous post was at 16:19 ----------

also seems like your a soundcloud whore which i have no respect for !!

i dunno i hate that hardcore stuff, 200mph drums and sound effects doesnt seem to have any significance to me and it doesnt seem hard to make. i like drum and bass not noise, basically. anything minimal, deep, neuro, tech or real liquid i like all those styles that show an element of depth

---------- Post added at 16:19 ---------- Previous post was at 16:16 ----------

i dont understand how anybody could enjoy listening to that track its absolutly horrible, does it follow a musical strategy or structure or do you simply say right im gonna put a shit load of drums everywhere and horrible bass sounds everywhere..

does this kind of thing require a mixdown or do you just turn everythnig up to 120 ?

wuwuwuwwwwww...
chill out mate!!! I got the point! Don't need now to start insult!
Well, it's hard for me to stay clean when i have to work only with wav and not allowed to use my synth... that said, yes, my style will b pretty much filthy... even when i use my synth. Of course everyone have different feeling about sound! But plz, don't come out with this kind of judgement... I don't come to listen ur stuf and say, "THAT'S DISGUSTING AND HORRIBLE! PIECE OF SHIT"...
U don't even irritate me, cuz i understand that's coming from a person with different feeling!
It's clear that u love minimal clean sound... Just don't listen to this! Right?!
Thanks a lot! :)
And just to let u know... yeah, there's a kind of concept on what i do... and yeah, i'm not the best on doing mastering or producing! But i do all my best for it!
Sorry if not everybody around it's perfect like u! ;)

sorry mate,
firstly i completly apologize for using the word horrible, i speak not of your production but of this STYLE. its nothing personal whatsoever, and im sure those who like this style can indure listening to this piece of music. i however cannnot, and the attack was not meant on you personally whatsoever.

dont take my comments to heart i was actually just making statements in the form of questions and arguments in the hope that i might get some answers from you and other people as to why somebody would want to subject their ears to this kind of thing thats all!! but seems like i got no answers, and please accept my apology i did not mean to offend you, but sometimes when some people violate my ears then i do the same to them. and yes since you mentioned it, i am perfect.

Ye i agree pretty much with luciduk

i'd be intrested to know how this kinda drum and bass came about

---------- Post added at 16:49 ---------- Previous post was at 16:48 ----------

i wouldn't call it dark drum and bass tho

PS. this is an excercise in freedom of speech and i could of been a whole lot more horrible if that was my intention but i actually regualy practice restraint in these type of situations, which i did in my first post by stating this is not my cup of tea.

but at some point, you actually asked me why its not my cup of tea, so i stated my reasons, and i honestly apologize at that point for not practicing that restraint. i should have lied to you!

PS. this is an excercise in freedom of speech and i could of been a whole lot more horrible if that was my intention but i actually regualy practice restraint in these type of situations, which i did in my first post by stating this is not my cup of tea.

but at some point, you actually asked me why its not my cup of tea, so i stated my reasons, and i honestly apologize at that point for not practicing that restraint. i should have lied to you!

nono... as i said, i got ur point and we can discuss about... just meant to say that u don't need to keep insulting... that's not constructive! :|
And yes, sometimes we need to advertise our stuff by going around and let people knows that we are doing something... i wouldn't consider that as whoring... do u think i like to waste my time on internet or going to work in stand to just create?
I didn't want to take personal... but u've put the argument in this way...
Anyway... enjoy your perfect world!

---------- Post added at 17:11 ---------- Previous post was at 17:03 ----------

i'd be intrested to know how this kinda drum and bass came about

---------- Post added at 16:49 ---------- Previous post was at 16:48 ----------

i wouldn't call it dark drum and bass tho
It's this a genuine interest or another try to keep me in discussion??? :o

This my stuff it's all about my personal experiment with sounds and different ways to make it and manipulate it...
Doesn't want to be a copycat of any predefined label of DNB or dubstep or...

Its like death metal dnb. I kinda agree with lucid. Mainly cos I dont get it.

Pretty good prod tho mate.

no a genuine question my friend

Right... I just felt that i wanted to do something cruel and hard in this moment... i toke one of my old remix proj that i made from a track of a friend of mine, and started to mess around looking for an high pressure and metal-ish sound... I always had a little spot for metal, even if i'm not a follower.
I had just a simple single note of sub, a single 4bar loop of squelcy bass, a drum loop, 2 kind of half bar drum fill,a reverse crash, a carillon sample, a choir sample plus laugh and scream, all in wav... that's it.
I have completely reedited all the samples in microfragmented section to create from the same sample, a different impact of sound... it's maybe shit... it was a challenge... and for what i was looking for... i think i've got my goal!
A part from the story of this, i can understand if it's not considered really a masterpiece... :)
But with this 3d i didn't meant to focus only on my latest work, there's about 36 tracks on my SC that explain my sound evolution since 2 years (when i first subscribed to SC )

I don't understand why, if i've wrote at the title of this 3d that was not liquid here, still people come and expect to be on right... guys, if u like liquid and u r not able to listen other kind of sperimental... just don't judge... it's not my problem... it's ur limit!!! ;)
Anyway, i will be here to have an exchange of ideas with all of them that will be interested to have a conversation... we talk about music, not about what or who's the best!!!

personally i thought this is darkstep/hardstep and its exsisted for a long time ;)

but my guess is youve never heard this style of dnb before?

awww.... thanks a lot to show me the light Luciduk!
What do you want to demonstrate with this post?
Still, keeping trying to irritate people whit ur arrogant counterpoint?...

I like this, from what i can hear (im listening on laptop speakers). The samples are really nice and, for the style you're going for, darkstep, it sounds good.
I'd say try talking to The Gambit, as he's a big fan of this style.
As for labels, check out stuff like Freak, Barcode, PRSPCT, Position, Tech Freak

nar just that ur acting like u invented a new style bro? im bored today yeah, but like you said, i cant irritate you, so my purpose must be for my own self satisfaction

---------- Post added at 19:31 ---------- Previous post was at 19:26 ----------

still not my cup of tea but there is already an established style which sounds just like this and like i tried to explain nicely it is this style that i detest and not your personal production, why you continue to quarrel me whilst i contribute to your thread is beyond my current perceptual abilities! maybe that is the drink kicking in. woah... did anybody feel that?

personally i thought this is darkstep/hardstep and its exsisted for a long time ;)

but my guess is youve never heard this style of dnb before?

Plus, if u were reading the description of the track on details (http://soundcloud.com/rajstah/c4n-evil-playground-rajstah-vibe-re-remix-2011final)... u could easilly understand that i already had classified the track as darkstep...
So.. be4 to start shooting people with your wiseacre, make sure that u'll b on right...

ah... and thank u very much for ur welcome reserved to me as a new user on this forum! :|

Back
Top Bottom