my old tunes- more creative than recent ones??

mistasfx

MISTA SFX
VIP Junglist
Just checked my old MySpace account.... MySpace.com/thesfxmusic

I'm totally amazed with how much more I didnt play it safe back then n just put down some ok ideas. Now the eq n that is piss poor but I'd love to find that creativity again.

Anyone else found this at a time when eq wasn't important?

Just checked my old MySpace account.... MySpace.com/thesfxmusic

I'm totally amazed with how much more I didnt play it safe back then n just put down some ok ideas. Now the eq n that is piss poor but I'd love to find that creativity again.

Anyone else found this at a time when eq wasn't important?

Yep it happened to me too. Notice it almost a year or two ago.

I like to think of creative progress as a sort of sine wave. You start at 0, which is the totally familiar, just going through the motions, nothing really new and out there yet method of composition or mixing or arranging or designing sound or whatever it is; so slowly you begin to experiment and move farther and farther away until you reach a peak that represents something you've found that you really fucking like and think it suits you. But, inevitably, as you do that same thing more and more it becomes more familiar as you move back towards 0, the trend repeats in the opposite direction and so on....forever.

;)

Some of them sounds I made on the old tunes I wish I saved. Think they were done on blue just messing around not knowing what I was doing. Wish I worked like that still

I think one problem is the loss of inspiration, these days i have no idea of what i want to produce when i open up FL.

Ive found the best way to over come this 'creative' wall is to just slap a couple of tunes you are feeling at the time into your daw, listen to the elements and their patterns, replicate and variate and then just take little bit from each song and it keeps the workflow up. if youve been producing years then this doesnt really allpy but helps me every single time i get stuck! also you start to hear shit that wasnt there, blam, creativeness!

Yeahh i agree, like using the same drum patterns with different drums and an extra snare makes your job 10 times easier!

Ive lost creativity by concentrating on sound quality and loudness.

Same here, you try to focus on your tunes to sound right instead of just having a good time trying to out the tune together. I found my old track with a lot better ideas then now...

Back
Top Bottom