My new track. Have a listen and if you enjoy it let me know!

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by TinnitusD&B, Dec 31, 2014.

1. TinnitusD&B

TinnitusD&B Member

I haven't properly finished it but i thought i'd post it any way. Enjoy!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  2. Quotec

Quotec Active Member

I love track arrangement and design, got potential mate! Bass works pretty well and a vocal sample is kinda funny and appropriate for this tune. One thing I am generally very critical about in any dnb track is the energy of the drums. Unfortunately these drums here are non-existent. Few tips how you could go around this issue:
    1)Bring bass down by a great amount
    2)Bring up the volume on both kick and snare
    3)Sidechain both to bass
    4)Find a great kick and snare samples, you see great drums are approx 90% sample choice, aim for solid punch at 200-250hz for snare and approx 90-100hz punch for kick(these are peaks of them, if you don´t have a frequency analyzer, get one, SPAN is free and generally works well, stick it on a master and see what is the frequency content of samples you use)
    5)Boost a little(max 3dB, let´s not go extreme) in the peaks for snare and kick
    6)Add a little bit of distortion on snare(tube or tape)

After these steps you should have a better flow and energy for your tune. As I hear and feel, kick should be the main element in this track so bring it forth. Hope that helps!

3. TinnitusD&B

TinnitusD&B Member

i wasn't expecting that cheers mate. I'll have a play around with a few samples and change them and repost. I regards to what you mentioned the peaks on kick and snare are in the right regions but its a poor choice of sample on my part (can you recommend any good sample packs?) there is a bit of side chaining to the bass but didn't want to over do it (another poor choice). Thanks again mate

4. Quotec

Quotec Active Member

Yeah you are welcome mate!

I personally love drums from BHK selection(should be free, great for neurofunk and heavier stuff) and also I discovered lately a really great Luthatron single hits sample pack(search the internet, contains tons of drum samples). Oh and get a Drumsound&Bassline Smith´s free Xmas pack that you can find on this very forum under production. ;) You usually need only few layers, one for punch, one for snap(clap) and one for excitement in top(hi-hatty splashy thing).

5. dj mirry

dj mirry Member

How long have you been doing this if you don,t mind me asking? The track is coming along very nicely by the way

6. studubwatts1

studubwatts1 New Member

those are pretty sick vocal samples. I feel like the bass could have a little more sub in it. Maybe a little resampling and layering on the bass to give it a bit more depth and gerth

7. timeslut

timeslut Member

i dig the vibe, and bass line (although I would have appreciated a bit more variety in the bass line's arrangement). The kick and snare could definitely use more punch (especially the snare).

8. ND4SPDMW11

ND4SPDMW11 VGM Enthusiast

I like that lead sound that plays throughout the track, very DnB like. I would also have to agree though that the Kick and Snare need way more punch. I personally would add some sub-bass to keep the mix connected, and make the bass a bit louder. Besides that, I like it! :)

EDIT: I also wanted to add that I really like the drum pattern, it's got lots of variety to it!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015