My New Drumstep Song

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by fhawila, Jul 26, 2010.

1. fhawila

fhawila New Member

2. Phat_Sam

Phat_Sam Well-Known Member

nice ideas... mixdown is terrible. sorry man.

bass is clashing with the kick. not enough happening in the mid range either.

the kick is too hollow. keep it up though mate! really good ideas, ya just need to refine the technique

3. Krispy

Krispy Member

Yes the mixdown is just awful. Things that are loud should be quiet and things that are quiet should be loud. The kick and snare are very weak and need more beef. Also could use alot of EQ work.

Arrangement of the different elements in the song is definitely on the right track

4. fhawila

fhawila New Member

i have no idea how to mixdown :(

i tried to do some eq'ing

any help?

THANKS

5. RevTech

RevTech Butthole=output transduce

You've got a long way to go.

bring up the mixer, make sure your kick and your snare at -0 db, or not clipping, and bring the bass down 3db from that. Then for the rest, use your ears to make everything just right. And for your drums, use parraell compression (compress the shit out of your drums but have some of the original signal coming through). Make sure the bassline is mono.

Now bring up a spectral analyser on the master fader and look to see where there are freq. missing and fill them in with EQ or bring up the intrusments that fill in that space. And make sure to highpass everything but the bassline at 50 hz or so. It would be easier for you to keep things from being muddy.

Now go thru each channel and bring up an EQ. Sweep thru the freq. to find freq. you either don't like and take them out, or find ones you do like and boost them.

Now at the master fader put in a mastering limiter and stereo enhancer and your done basically. I know I left out a lot of things but I want to make it basic for you

6. Krispy

Krispy Member

jimjimjim likes this.
  7. fhawila

fhawila New Member

8. dexter

dexter Member

these people are giving good advice, and its easy to give when you have your head around it, but you just gotta practice man, dont worry about mixing down and the technical side of things until your familiar with the program, things will come naturally, just listen to music and make tunes, thats it, shit takes time.

also revtech i disagree with loads you said! so fhawila there are never set ways of doing anything. just keep at it, read up, do tutorials, try have fun, learn what fxs do what, and if your unsure what your doing with something, eg a compressor, just because people say compress shit, then dont use it, ask yourself before you add effects to things, ''what do i want to achieve by adding this effect''. i read that somewhere, its good advice.

9. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

wrong forum mate, tunes go under new talent, which is on top of the production forum. from here on im just going to delete threads that are in the wrong forum. not this one though, im moving this one.

10. dexter

dexter Member

cant someone just make a massive banner at the top of the page with some helpful arrows.. :p

would save a hundred threads of ''i postd ma chune n now i cnt fynd it yo''

11. Phat_Sam

Phat_Sam Well-Known Member

i think we need a feedback section. loads of people that want constructive critisism instead of "hey look at my new track isnt it great!" dont really get good technical feedback if its in the New Tracks Section...

just a thought...