MY NEEDLES GOT ROBBED!!!!

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by bigdave1992, Jul 25, 2009.

1. bigdave1992

bigdave1992 Member

Me and my mate just held a drum and bass night at our local bar, it went really well, we got about 450 people, took just under £2000 and made a fair amount of money to put into our next event....

as i was djin as well i thought we would use my needles, when we were packing up i put my needles in the box....when everything was packed up the needles were gone! i looked everywhere and i knew someone had robbed it...im gonna look at the cctv footage tommorow...

but what a fucking pisstake! i cant have a mix unless i buy new ones, and i dont have the money!

WHAT IS THE POINT!?!?!?!

2. Pal3

Pal3 New Member

grim one....id be pissed!!

3. motion audio

motion audio Active Member

Absolute bastards. People who go around doing things like that are jokes, stealing gear is the lowest of the low, they dont deserve to call themselves musicians. No respect.

Thats actualy annoyed me! Fair play getting a night going though, best of luck!

4. bigdave1992

bigdave1992 Member

5. BeyondTherapy

BeyondTherapy Well-Known Member

a) sorry to here about the loss

b) £2000 at net profit means theres money in the kitty that has to be used to replace the missing needles ,.. its just like if a window got smashed or the place got damaged you as the promoter that nite will have to pay out of the profits,simple... no profit can be amounted until all out goings of that nite have been paid for ,... your needles were an out going (loss) hence comes out of net profit ....

c) it could of only been 1 of a few people ie those that were left at the end of the night to pack up .. did you search them , you have the right to you know ,.. if you state it was only your friends that were there id say you have some shady friends and aint the real deal ...

d) the point being is life ...its not / isnt a easy ride , always someone gunna hate , disrespect , be negative , spoil a good thing , real champs rise quickly and use there negative nrg and plough on with positivity ...

e) become responcable for your own kit , make what your doing a biznes and be proffesional about it , if theres jerks who aint part of the dj box * tell them to push off* they have no place there , at the end of the night aline a small group and only those u trust to be in the building while doing close down ,

f) again i am sorry to here about the loss , but dont let this down heart you and continue doing your positive thing ...

g) goodluck :wave:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  6. dizzzeejungle

dizzzeejungle Junglist Down Under..

either way mate, your doing well to be making that sort of money at the tender age of 16! keep at it for sure

7. Junglist_007

Junglist_007 learning difficulties

People like that are just scum. Good luck with your events.

8. Jakue08

Jakue08 Active Member

really? thats savage dave, do a full investigation!

9. Wooney

Wooney Member

unlucky man! im always real paranoid about my stuff getting nicked haha make sure you catch the basterd!

10. DontLikeCops

DontLikeCops Certified tramp

i'll speak to my local witch doctor to see if they can put a curse on them needles for ya so it scratches every vinyl it touches ;)

11. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

well done for doing your own night and pulling it off mate.. shit about getting something skanked tho at the end.. i cant help but think a rave packed full of West Country lads would be amusing. ' Corrrrrrrrnetttoooo'

12. fserna

fserna Member

that blows! i would be pist off!

13. Gumby

Gumby New Member

thats fucking shit mate!

14. Fortune^

Fortune^ ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

Simple: DJ's bring their own needles.

It's shit but I had to lose a pair of banana carts before I realized this.