My Music, Your Music --- Which sentance is correct?

Which sentance is correct?

• Punk is shit

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Punk music is not to my taste

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters

rmt

Well i've been really badly fucked off by my best mate, because he said that hardcore is shit. Firstly, hardcore is not shit, however, i need to approach this from the correct angle. I don't listen to Punk or Ska, but i don't say it is shit, i say it is not to my taste, all those 'grebs' say that our music (the majority of us listen to drum and bass, with metal, rock and everything else thrown in) is shit, which really angers me, and thus i would like to you vote on the correct way to phrase it, or of course if you don't agree me with. The poll is obviously just an example

Last edited:
haha thats funny, any true punk would agree punk is shit I reckon. cos they don't give a fuck.
:resick:
"You just pick up a chord, go twang, and you've got music."
-Sid Vicious

Seriously, I agree with your general point, I get pissed when people say music I like is shit (or when I think that's what they are saying)
I think its quite bound up with peoples' ego and identity; when people say 'your music is shit' it can seem like a personal attack, I think because both punk and dNb attract people to a 'lifestyle' idea (or perceived lifestyle), so an attack on music can seem like an attack on your values.
Because of this I try ( ! ) to personally be careful about saying 'this is bad, this is rubbish', even when that might be what I think. Its just more diplomatic to say 'not feeling it' and leave it at that.

I just couldn't vote, because I respect punk stuff. One of my friends was/is in a punk band and he made me to respect that.

But if xxx music is not to my taste then it is not to my taste, but if it is shit then it is not to my taste + I really really don't like it and(/or) even hate it.

mesh said:
haha thats funny, any true punk would agree punk is shit I reckon. cos they don't give a fuck.
:resick:
"You just pick up a chord, go twang, and you've got music."
-Sid Vicious

Seriously, I agree with your general point, I get pissed when people say music I like is shit (or when I think that's what they are saying)
I think its quite bound up with peoples' ego and identity; when people say 'your music is shit' it can seem like a personal attack, I think because both punk and dNb attract people to a 'lifestyle' idea (or perceived lifestyle), so an attack on music can seem like an attack on your values.
Because of this I try ( ! ) to personally be careful about saying 'this is bad, this is rubbish', even when that might be what I think. Its just more diplomatic to say 'not feeling it' and leave it at that.

Couldnt have put it better myself.

So I wont.

yep exactly. the question was just an example, i mean, i could replace 'punk' with drum and bass. Whats more annoying is that somebody has associated hard house, with hardcore and assumes that because their ex girlfriend slag listens to hard house, anyone that listens to hardcore is a twat - that really irritates me!

yeah. only problem is, i have a professional relationship with him aswell - and of course, now i have to be two-faced! i don't actually have any option but to continue being his friend :end_of_wo

An easy response to this always pointless discussion is "How boring would life be if everyone liked the exact same thing and there were no differing opinions?"

that isn't what im sayin. what i'm saying is that everybody is entitlted to a opinion - but everybody's opinion is correct, there is no 'shit' music, just music that you don't like, so its not to your taste!

nah he is, i forgave him for that within 20mins. i'm angry with him because of something he said about my female best friend..but thats nothing to do with dnb. and anyway, we're still best mates :D

Back
Top Bottom