My latest tune (DnB)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by blackphil, Apr 9, 2016.

1. blackphil

blackphil Member

Here's my Soundcloud link where you can find 2 of my latest songs, If you like what you hear please support me by following/liking and or sharing ^.^

JamesDetached and maschinistom like this.
  2. maschinistom

maschinistom Active Member

hi phil, nice well rolling track. sound is very nice, clear and loud on my system. i would put down the mid-range chords, maybe some EQing can help. otherwise proper jump-up tune. like it ! :2thumbs:

3. blackphil

blackphil Member

Hi Maschinistom, thanks for the kind words and feedback

4. JamesDetached

JamesDetached Member

Overall I think this tune has a lot of potential to be a really huge stomper.

Intro Ride I found a bit too splashy I'd personally change it for one with a litle more top end and less mids. The intro itself I found lacking that pressure and build up that the main hook delivers. I'd maybe go for something more minimal with a really intense kick build up and synth build up (Think Noisia Stigma) The tune overall has potential imo to sound like something along the lines of Noisia - Crank.

Drums wise everything does sound clean but I'd probably have a kick with a little bit more of a thumpy low end and the snare to be less splashy and more wooden/rim shot like with maybe a touch of reverb. Background percussion and hats there's nothing I'd change and overall vibe of the tune is really going somewhere nice.

Mid bass I am particularly fond of but would love to have a little modulation coming in after the first 32 and maybe a off time kick introduced and some FX added in here and there.

This is all my personal opinion and I am by no means an expert but hopefully this helps.

5. blackphil

blackphil Member

Hi James, Thanks for the suggestions ^.^

6. Northern Seagul

Northern Seagul Active Member

Whoa. That Bass...mm, delicious :]
    Need more huge beat and it will be bombing!

PS: your tune on sounding like "D'Minds - Blacker VIP" :)

7. blackphil

blackphil Member

Cheers man, I'm currently reworking the drums and making it more of a jump up arrangement. That
    D Minds - Blacker VIP tune is sick I just checked it out can't believe I missed that, glad you mentioned it

8. Dissentdnb

Dissentdnb New Member

Very good, tight and loud! I'd maybe say some rolling hats at points and a bit more reverb in general just to finish it off!

9. blackphil

blackphil Member

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah that's what I was thinking too. I'm glad you said about the reverb, I'm a bit of a fiend for dryness so I was a bit on the fence to add a touch more.