my headphones suck with bass

tv_g

VIP Junglist
i currently use cheap sony headphones, and all bass frequencies under 120 are almost cut off. is this a common problem with headphones, or is it time for me to hand over some money for better ones?

thx,
nic

I have sum Phillips IN-EAR headphones and they ahve sum MASSIVE BASS RESPONSE...and they dont bother people as much.

The IN-EAR headphones are the best way to go...
IF you can handle having them in your ears.

These headphones I use with my MP3 player have rubber cups so they stay in easier.

j_boncha said:
I have sum Phillips IN-EAR headphones and they ahve sum MASSIVE BASS RESPONSE...and they dont bother people as much.

The IN-EAR headphones are the best way to go...
IF you can handle having them in your ears.

These headphones I use with my MP3 player have rubber cups so they stay in easier.

hmmm, i wouldnt use in ears. You need the closed cup design, to block outside noise..
:rolf:

GorDo said:
hmmm, i wouldnt use in ears. You need the closed cup design, to block outside noise..
:rolf:

agreed, you cant mix proper in a club with those imo

also Sennheisers make great sound but are flimsy as fuck, get something sturdy if you arent the type to look after them very carefully.

the pioneer ones are proper hardcore, like a sherman. bit pricey but worth it. or you can't go far wrong with the ol' sony mdrv700's.
and as for the in ear phones, they can really fuck your ears up if you have them at club volume as the frequencies are really concentrated on your eardrums, the same reason why your ears get tired after using them for a long time

I got these bad boys & they've lasted me 4 a longtime. Really robust & easy to carry & the quality from them is great.

TechnicsRPDJ1200A.jpg

sayber said:
I got these bad boys & they've lasted me 4 a longtime. Really robust & easy to carry & the quality from them is great.

TechnicsRPDJ1200A.jpg

:cheerlead

three years and running for me with these beauties too

yeah, i think i know someone with them, though i may be wrong, but i like the whole being able to glip them up if that makes sense.. i know the ones im thinkin of can do that, and it is nice :) haha
man im talking crap

thanks y'all.

i decided to buy Technics RP-F550 DJ Headphones. The sale price on musician's friend fit my budget perfectly,

but they're on back order :(

Those suck man I barely use em anymore cuz they suck.. a bit incormfoartble.. freq response isn't all that.. and you don't get a clean sound... I'd suggest saving up for some $99 phones.. sony, pioneer, and senheisers are the best out there...

diodednb said:
Those suck man I barely use em anymore cuz they suck...

That's sucky news, but i jus' can't wait to save up right now. I've been w/out headphones for 2 weeks now. When I break down and start working again :cry: , i'll go ahead and get some better ones. I started the thread to start getting info, and the info has been good.

thanks all.

get these cunts
hd25_normal.jpg
go down to 30hz which is like most clubs. look a bit flimsy for £100 but each part's easily replacable so they can last forever. deffinately the best souynd quality from any pair of headphones ive tried.

My mate has those Sennheisers. While they sound great, they're a little annoying as you can't twist the cup around - only rotate it so that it's resting against your head, not against your ear.

The overall build quality is excellent, and the unpluggable (!) cables into the earcups are a nice design feature.

Personally, I have some Sony in-ear headphones - the MDR-EX71SLB ones, that have rubber buds that fit right into your ear. They cut out just about ALL outside noise, and are pretty good for noise leakage too - only when you have them pretty loud can you even begin to hear what the wearer is listening to.

More info: http://www.dabs.com/uk/Search2/Product+Details.htm?quicklinx=2GBY&searchphrase=sony

Pic:
2GBY_large_150x150.jpg

£27 quid from Dabs, can't go wrong. Spent over 100 quid on various Sony phones from the Fontopia range. I just LURVE their Neodymium magnets throughout their entire Fontopia range - it really brings bass to life in rich, full tones. Well impressed with these in-ear bud headphones.

All about the sennheisers (hd 25) for me .£99, fantastic sound, theyre light and stick to your ears like limpets. best par of headphones i ever bought. finally bought mine 2 years ago and there still like new after doing plenty of gigs and being stuffed in record boxes. i personally dont like the hd 25sp thogh cos theyre quieter, and the way the cups twist really pisses me off! :grrrrr:

The technics are nice and comfy but heavy, and every one i know that had a pair broke em.

i use these babies, they have served me very well indeed, gotta be careful with em tho, the swivel mechanizm has a tendency to snap very easily.

Attachments

• sony-headphones-v500.jpg
    sony-headphones-v500.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 95
Back
Top Bottom