my gusset gravy remix - what u reakon?

this needs to be good, i mean really good. this is what i kinda came up with yesterday, whats everone think? where does it need improving? what are the best parts in it?

feedback needed / apprecited

cheers :rinsed:

edit: read post bu adgedub

Last edited:
Some good sounds man.
Only proplem is the mix.
Can't hear anything properly.
Snare way loud, kicks way quiet, just about hear the breaks at end.
Bass sounds muddy.
All mix down issues.
Good tune tho man.

groelle

VIP Junglist
with the break in the original, you dont want your break to sound as clean.. apart from that its not bad, considering its wip.

ok so the general thing is the bassline dont fit, what sort of thing would you suggest? (awaits abuse) i want this to be a wicked tune, personally i thin the drums are ok just need eqing properly.

richie_stix

gomby plz
VIP Junglist
ok... the best way i can explain myself is using the analogy of 'harmonic mixing'.

Lets say you have two tunes, beatmatched perfectly and cued up for a wicked double drop... but when it happens it sounds wank, it is obvious it is two records side by side rather than one harmonising 'mix'.

This applies to your remix, the bassline is good the beat and re-sample are good but together they aren't... ya get what i mean?

ok... the best way i can explain myself is using the analogy of 'harmonic mixing'.

Lets say you have two tunes, beatmatched perfectly and cued up for a wicked double drop... but when it happens it sounds wank, it is obvious it is two records side by side rather than one harmonising 'mix'.

This applies to your remix, the bassline is good the beat and re-sample are good but together they aren't... ya get what i mean?
yeah i get what ure saying, maybe the full on jump up aint gunna work on this one, ill have a rethink, cuz the original tune by twisted is pretty minimal bass.

dj-dusty

VIP Junglist
yeah i get what ure saying, maybe the full on jump up aint gunna work on this one, ill have a rethink, cuz the original tune by twisted is pretty minimal bass.
Ive done a full on jump up remix of it (well i started one, im gonna finish it before i put it up on here or send it to twisted) but jump up does work ok.

I have only used the string sample aswell but i am gonna use the phased break aswell but i dont wanna use too much coz i want it to be as original as possible

Dj Dirty Pimp

VIP Junglist
yeh im gonna go with other guys on this one. good idea,bbut needs a serious mix down, snare is so loud, you can hardly hear the hi hats and percussion etc. which in turn makes it sound quite empty and slow.

also try n make your bassline more in tune with the strings, or dont play the strings with the bassline. which is what i done. Works ok in my case.

AdgeDub

Grid Recordings
heads up for everyone entering the competition ''Dont go uploading your remix on the net for ppl to download and give there opinions'' becus if its a good remix and its upload on the net for everyone to download for free your remix wont get throu, the remix will be featured in the album so we dont want it leaked before its ever announced as the winner. ;)