My grounding wire's screwed

wobbie

Echidna
VIP Junglist
The wire connecting it to the little fork thing has come loose and keeps making a nasty buzzing sound.
Whats the best thing to do in this situation?
Thanks for any help.

The wire connecting it to the little fork thing has come loose and keeps making a nasty buzzing sound.
Whats the best thing to do in this situation?
Thanks for any help.

is it the fork thats come loose. coz all you need to do is pull the fork off, strip back the plastic insulation and wrap the bare wire round the ground connection.

Thats a mighty fine idea, might pop mine open one day and do that... But if thats possible then why the fuck do all turntables have that annoying ground wire?

cry wank?????

Already tried that..... didnt work.

The wire has come loose from the fork. I can push it back in and it'll be go back to normal for about 30 seconds then it will come loose again and start buzzing.
Should I do what Rob said and rip it out completely then wrap it round the end of the fork?
Nice one for the help so far anyway.

Already tried that..... didnt work.

The wire has come loose from the fork. I can push it back in and it'll be go back to normal for about 30 seconds then it will come loose again and start buzzing.
Should I do what Rob said and rip it out completely then wrap it round the end of the fork?
Nice one for the help so far anyway.

Get your hands on a soldering iron, or just buy one, think you can get a cheap one for about £10 just check online

But if thats possible then why the fuck do all turntables have that annoying ground wire?

Not all turntables, mostly just Technics. It's because ideally you want to keep extra currents (such as from a ground wire) away from the signal path. In some circumstances it can cause a hum, but you're very unlikely to get a problem in a DJ setup.

check the ground by krinkling the wire in your hand all the way through just to make sure its not breaking along the way somewhere.

Fixed :P

You don't have to wrap the wire around the fork, just bin the fork and put the bare wire around the grounding post.

Get your hands on a soldering iron, or just buy one, think you can get a cheap one for about £10 just check online

Or do this.

Back
Top Bottom