My first upload

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by ExplodingMan, Jun 22, 2011.

1. ExplodingMan

ExplodingMan Member

Hello all! As it says in the title this is the first time i have uploaded a track of mine to teh interwebz, so be nice yeah? Seriously though.....don't judge me...

Linkage:

safe.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  2. DjSammy-T

DjSammy-T Member

It's alright man really like the drums got a good minimal vibe to them. I like the little vocals noises but there isn't much else there. Not to sure about that bass, keep on working at it though there is room for a good track out of them drums :)

3. Cyclopyze

Cyclopyze Member

I liked all the reverby stuff going on in intro, and i think the bass is really kicking, but yea there's not much going around. (maybe i should rephrase that, there's enough sounds and all but it kinda sounds empty). Imo u should add more stuff, like pad or 2 and beef the drums up, add shuffling (but this is all just personal taste, u probably like it minimal and it's ok, I just think that something like a pad under that bass and choped drums would sound swesome as hell :D).

All in all I rly liked the groove (tho im not 2 keen on the vocals, but ok) and i think this is legit stuff, but try to play with a pad or something and maybe switch drums from ''choped'' to ''shuffling'' (at least in the last part).

4. ExplodingMan

ExplodingMan Member

Cheers for the replies dudes. Yeah i think adding a few more pads here and there could work, i have tried adding bits to the drums but it just didn't sit quite right. I think the addition of a few pads/random sounds/more reverb could fill in the gaps you are hearing. Thanks for the feedback though, it is very much appreciated. :D

5. Carlo lepore

Carlo lepore Member

SICK TRACK MATE IM LIKE THE BREAKS

6. ExplodingMan

ExplodingMan Member

7. ExplodingMan

ExplodingMan Member

8. ExplodingMan

ExplodingMan Member

9. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

nice percussion, bass is to quiet, and needs EQ so you can get it louder in the mix, esp check the Kick and Snare regions of the bass for Rezzy spikes, bass is quite nice but needs sum more FX to fill the space up a bit and give it sum more interesting aspects, nice samples n stuff going on, definitly needs more soundscape, keep at it, ur heading in the right direction, mix is pretty clean even tho not entirly balanced, love the perc on the 2nd drop, nice work

10. ExplodingMan

ExplodingMan Member

Safe man, i appreciate you taking the time to give me some feedback, it is muchos helpful! I've started following you on ze cloud, so will be sure to return the favour.

"Check the kick and snare regions of the bass for rezzy spikes"

I dont quite know what this means though.

Big up.

11. JSDNB

JSDNB Member

Simple idea... It sounds good. :)

12. Attire

Attire Last Winter

*does best to give answer*

Basically, you want to be looking at your sounds on a spectral analyser (Voxengo SPAN ;) )
    This will show the regions your drums are hitting at most prominently.
    You then want to look at your bass and notch out some room in those areas basically.
    This just creates more space for everything to slot into the mix!

13. ExplodingMan

ExplodingMan Member

Right, yeah, got it. That sentence just confused me :S

14. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

bsicly what Attire said, and to expand on it...

Spec analyzer is a good start, kick tends to hit between 100-160hz (well actually it hits across the spectrum, but thats the area that is most important for a nice big clean sub) and snare 150-230hz, again it also hits other freqz. if you have big spikes in your bass in those bandwidths, then they will intefer with the kick and bass, meaning that you will find yourself putting the percussion louder than it should be over the bass to compenaste, which is how your mixdown is sitting now. its harder to spot bass/kick crossover, but if you listen carefully you should hear the snare ringing out with the bass, turn the snare and bass right up, and you should notice it, that ringning, is the rez spikes you need to deal with in the bass. dont go taking out all the spikes in those areas tho, you need to take out only the ones which crossover with other things, and the same principal applies to other instruments, for eg Pads and Synths, except in that case, you probly want to EQ the pads and synths, rther than the bass

15. Fishy:)

Fishy:) Active Member

Not really my style, its soo empty