MY FIRST TWO TRACKS ON FL STUDIO

war cry:
really like the drums but i think u need 2 compress em a bit.
i like the bass line but the same wit the drums it needs to be compressed.
its the start of a sick tune!

fl studio 7. What am i hoping to achieve with compression? Should the bars never peak into the red? Prob is i am only using a pair of headphones at the moment.

you need some monitors ... gimp !!

Every body has to start somewhere, When i started out i never had monitors and was not prepared to spend hard earnt cash until i was 100% sure it was i wanted to do. However, if i knew then that if i had a deccent analyzer plugin and used it to read the levels, you have more chance of getting it right. I know a lot of producers who use headphones for pre-production on ther laptop whilst on the road. Give it a go Ethix and if you have any questions give me a shout.

fl studio 7. What am i hoping to achieve with compression? Should the bars never peak into the red? Prob is i am only using a pair of headphones at the moment.

aim for every channel to stay on the line just below the red, use parametric eq (with fruity) to take the low frequencies out of samples, and lift the high sections out.

With a high end spectral analizer (part of waves platinum bundle) you can see what frequencies need boosting or thinning down.

as for the monitor issue, its aint essential for good monitors, but something for reference is needed, a stereo system would be better than nothing. TCs monitors arent anything special, but he used the spectral analizer to make sure his beats punch and his bass shake!

as for the compression thing, it will give a flatter, smoother sound, try adding fruity compressor and the 'master' preset ;)

thanks everyone. This has all been gold. Cool thing is understood what you said too. sweet as. I am gonna get some decent monitors but the fundz arnt always there. Ever since i played on ejay i knew i loved making tunes. This has really caught my attention and filled a gap in my life. Thanks again.

Every body has to start somewhere, When i started out i never had monitors and was not prepared to spend hard earnt cash until i was 100% sure it was i wanted to do. However, if i knew then that if i had a deccent analyzer plugin and used it to read the levels, you have more chance of getting it right. I know a lot of producers who use headphones for pre-production on ther laptop whilst on the road. Give it a go Ethix and if you have any questions give me a shout.

hahah, im new to it all aswell, i havent got any monitors either, just my laptop... it was a joke hes my Fratz my cuz, was a personnal joke. he is a gimp thats all. im trying to sort my tunes out at the moment, stuck abit about finding information to step up a gear. but time will tell.

and no doubt i will give you a shout at some point mate if i need any pointers , cheers pal

:hagglers:

hahah, im new to it all aswell, i havent got any monitors either, just my laptop... it was a joke hes my Fratz my cuz, was a personnal joke. he is a gimp thats all. im trying to sort my tunes out at the moment, stuck abit about finding information to step up a gear. but time will tell.

and no doubt i will give you a shout at some point mate if i need any pointers , cheers pal

:hagglers:

lol. Cool bro.

agreed that the levels are off but in the headphones and first tunes sall good
when you do get some monitors try leaving the room wit the tune playing and listen
see what you can hear -drums,samples,bass whats the most distinguished
thats what i do
good luck and keep em coming

Back
Top Bottom