My First Tune (Jump Up)

Not bad for having only produced for 3 days!

I would suggest changing up the drum loops every so often to keep it interesting. And lose that horrible high pitch squeal in the intro.....That shit just made my ears bleed! :)

Not bad for having only produced for 3 days!

I would suggest changing up the drum loops every so often to keep it interesting. And lose that horrible high pitch squeal in the intro.....That shit just made my ears bleed! :)

Ok mate nice one. And i think that may be due to the shit speaker situation! Doesn't sound too bad on my heap of shit speakers lol. Thanks for the feedback mate, much appreciated!

drums sound pretty good to me, mainly the snare i like! could probably do with more layers of hats though, keep it busy and sounding 'big'? Drop is good, intro is boring as fook!

i would suggest getting some samples if instruments/hits/sounds whatever and forging into an interesting 'melody' for the drop (ala dj sly/pleasure) and then have some quote to do with guns before the 'clack boom' bit (which is very well done!).

Also in the later half of the tune, you mix up the main melody a bit... perhaps bring this in earlier?

anyways, shit hot effort for 3 days worth of production!

locked. as i listened to the intro aswell, i have to give this a go :D

really doesnt sound that bad. mainly the drums (maybe bounce them down, apply another eq, distortion and/or compression), the mixdown, as the bass is interfering with the kick alot and has basicly to much attack aswell, maybe even clipping there?, and the intro need some work.

but id advise you to just do another track and go back to this one once you learned some more things, imo you learn more if you just start another tune, even if this one isnt finished.

keep at it!

locked. as i listened to the intro aswell, i have to give this a go :D

really doesnt sound that bad. mainly the drums (maybe bounce them down, apply another eq, distortion and/or compression), the mixdown, as the bass is interfering with the kick alot and has basicly to much attack aswell, maybe even clipping there?, and the intro need some work.

but id advise you to just do another track and go back to this one once you learned some more things, imo you learn more if you just start another tune, even if this one isnt finished.

keep at it!

i have sooooo many unfinished tunes... your right about moving on to learn more! it's a shame though as a lot of my older tunes had a better 'concept', but my newer tunes sound 'better' if ya catch my drift?

like everyone has said sounding good for 3 days of producing, your on the right tracks just keep it up and you will naturally get better mate, kick drum needs a bit more mid and i would say the bassline needs a bit more depth/texture too

like everyone has said sounding good for 3 days of producing, your on the right tracks just keep it up and you will naturally get better mate, kick drum needs a bit more mid and i would say the bassline needs a bit more depth/texture too

thanks mate, had a good session at college today on a decent system with decent monitors with a keyboard and all the vst's i could ask for and got on very well.. Audio will be up when its done :)

shit i missed this one.
will check tonite wen im back from college!

Back
Top Bottom