My first track!

RELEASE

Hi all!
I'm new to this forum, and completely new to producing music in general.
This is my first ever attempt at making a track.
I made this on ableton live 10, using only the stock sounds and midi effects.
1 Month ago I didn't even know what a DAW was, and I have had no one to show me how other than a few YouTube videos so I know it's not the most professional sounding track but for my first ever attempt I'm happy with it.
I know straight up that the singing needs a lot of work, it was recorded with a cheap microphone, in a big, empty, non-insulated room, late at night so I was trying to be semi-quiet and not wake up the house.
I'm after some constructive criticism, things I need to improve on or read up and learn? Anything said good or bad is appreciated, it's the only way I'll learn!

Yay, first track! Instrumental is not bad, though I'd like a bit more presence in the bass and the snare. It sounds like your vocals are slightly flat and they were a bit off beat at 4:20.

Overall this is not too bad for a start. A decent place to build off of so keep going!

Thanks for listening!
I've been told by a few other people that the bass and snare needs more presence.. It sounded good before mixing but I think I turned it down a little too much during the mix, it was also my first attempt at mixing, and it was done with headphones as I don't currently have the pennies for quality studio monitors!
I'll have another look at the mixing, and re-record the vocals in the day time when I can belt it out rather than disturbing the housemates sleep!
Cheers for the comment, much appreciated.

I like your track.

"for my first ever attempt I'm happy with it."
Trust your judgement. I'd be happy with it too.

I been making music for like over 12 years now.
Time went screwy on me.
My latest focus is trying to make a decent rave track.
Do you use any chat programs?
Or maybe the chat room at this forum?

I'm looking for fellow producers and artists.

I like your track.

"for my first ever attempt I'm happy with it."
Trust your judgement. I'd be happy with it too.

I been making music for like over 12 years now.
Time went screwy on me.
My latest focus is trying to make a decent rave track.
Do you use any chat programs?
Or maybe the chat room at this forum?

I'm looking for fellow producers and artists.
Thanks! Ii wish I started making music 12 years ago, I'd imagine I'd be more than happy with my music if that was the case.
I haven't really ventured into any other styles yet. I started out trying to make boom bap but I prefer a faster pace, I find liquid has the soulful depth I was looking for with the faster tempo, seems perfect. Although I think I'll have a go at something more upbeat and happy next.
Nah I don't use any chat programs.. Whatapp or fb messenger but that's it.

Its quite nice for first track! but when you are starting..mixdown its not really so crusial..solid idea is important! and to be able to make full track from nothing! overall its very chill vibe and i like that piano flow.. only constructive feedback i can give is make more songs and learn from them and try to improve.

Back
Top Bottom