My First Track !!!

DJ_18T

Hey all,

I have deffinately jumped the gun here but i dont care cause you dont get no-where by not trying, anyways i made this song using FL studio 9, ive not used any music production software before this and i spent about an hour trying to figure out FL studio, anyways after the first hour i begain to make this track and it took me 3 hours to make.

I know its probs not all that great but if you guys n girls would please check it out and give me any feedback / opinions and any comments you have about the track, thanks

The Link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVQB5e0Dp9Y

I doubt it is very good, I likely wont even listen tbh. First tracks are always horrible trust me, no matter who did it. Just keep making them and after a few finished ones you might be in a better position to get some feedback.

---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 13:08 ----------

WEll i did listen and turns out I should've listened to my instincts. I dont mean to diss you but the track just isn't very good. The beats are muffled, the bass sound is pretty boring and there is not much else to keep interest.

Dont sweat it, nobody is a star in the beginning, just keep doing stuff and you'll notice month after month how your earlier works sounded so amateur. Getting better at self critique is a big part of the learning curve as well.

Takes years, so be ready to put in a lot of time to it if youre serious about it.

---------- Post added at 13:13 ---------- Previous post was at 13:12 ----------

Also, next tune you think you need feedback on, put it in the new talent / track section.

I can't really understand how hard it is to read those few lines of text to get that right.

^^ What Kama said^^

Seriously, the guy is right, everything is muffled to hell and back, almost sounds like I'm listening to it from another room. Also, as a fellow fruity user I can pick every simple sample you have used here, which isnt good. The basic samples that come with fruity are a pile of toss and should never be used anywhere! As is the text to speech shite ! So, the Dance section of the "packs" and the presets of the 3xOsc is not a good place to start.

Try getting some sample packs to use for your beats, and some good VST synths to create your sounds. Also, take a look at the mixer in FL, assign sounds to channels and mix properly to give each sound its own space in the mix.

And finally.........USE THE RIGHT SECTION OF THE FORUM!!!!

I'm inspired by how you have the courage to release this, I always think my tracks are not good enough and so do not release em. I wish I could just care less and just throw loads of material out there, because that's a real positive attitude

Since u uploaded it to youtube, check out tutorials on there :P
You might get bored of watching them but seriously its a very good way to learn... watch how they work and the techniques they use then evolve them to suite yourself.

Also it might be just personal preferance, but as a beginner myself i find reason (as ive tryed FL) alot easier to get to grips with. so maybe give that a purchase/d/l (w/e ur vice) and have a play around with it.
A good place to start is with the Boy in a band 7 day drum n bass tutorial, watch, follow it ( but not exactly, be original but follow the techniques in making the sounds but also experiment, dont copy his sounds). from there watch other peoples tutorials like hydlide24 and dont just watch drum n bass ones.

Thats basicaly what i did and i come up with this as my first track
http://soundcloud.com/thin-and-crispy/almost-there

im not saying its great or anything (i hate it personaly) but its just an example.

I'm inspired by how you have the courage to release this, I always think my tracks are not good enough and so do not release em. I wish I could just care less and just throw loads of material out there, because that's a real positive attitude

Thanks to all for the comments, yes it wasnt a great song i know :), Courage wise i just dont care what people may say / think as i know myself its not a good song but i may as well upload it and when i do actually make a great tune people can look back and be like wow hes improved alot.

And yes care less what youtube or others think just put it on thier the worst that can happen is people say its crap like mine :)

no offence, but dont waste time on idea's if you know they'll be crap?
I kinda get where ur coming from but if u think u have a good idea, or any idea, work on it, learn how the parts work see if you can make your idea work and then implement it, in a weeks time u might not like it, but at least u did ur best at the time...
Never aspire to be crap (cos thats what what u just said sounded like lol) cos ull only dishearten urself in the long run.
And other peoples opinions are highly valuable (if constructive). look at Logistics, he didnt like together but was encouraged to release it and its an absolutely massive tune.

Well my personal opinion is that they suck. Sure, I used them when first starting out, but never came up with anything satisfying using them. I just think they lack any "substance" to be worth using.

Guess I'm just a VST whore!

Why is everythign borken? But i realize it's old thread so stop bumping bump bump bump it haaaard

Back
Top Bottom