My first track :p

eazy fella.
Not much of an intro to start.
May i suggest you start with learning how to make a basic sub bass. Get used to that first and chopping up beats so you have some variety. If it's jump up you wanna make, checkout some of nuteks tunes. Your basslines are too short and repetative.
It is your first tune so fair play. I would give the cowbells a rest for a bit till you have learnt some basic structure. Build ups, drops, etc.

to be honest mate.
You just need to keep churning out material and analyze what you have done. When you hear something you think needs improving. Think, What can i tweak or add or remove to make that sound better. Put ya tunes on yer ipod and listen whilst away from the comp so youcan analyse your tunes whist you are out or whatever.
Most of my producing is done in my head. Then i go home and apply it to the sequencer.
Hard to advise you at the mo coz you have so much to learn. What programme are you using?

im using fruityloops at the moment but I hoping to start reason, I have just downloaded a sub bass pack, Im going to try sub bass out with that, then make my own, i would quite like to make a subfocus/high contrast/clipz/baron style drum and bass so il have a good listen.

Last edited:
i use fruity. Before you start. Put a soft clipper fx on the main mixer channel and on your drums and basses. Will stop your samples peaking over.
With your basslines. put a multiband compressor on the bass sample. Tweak the lowend gain to beef up your bass. You can also do this for your kicks.
good luck mate.
gimmee a shout if you have any qs
peace

thats great cheers thank you,
i tell you what would be pretty cool if i could take a look at one of your .flp files
but dont worry bout it if not
iv just been having a mess about with different basses atm
i just put the multiband compressor on it; nice tip ;)

hello....

very good 1st attempt dude, just take time to learn your equipment , keep doing tunes for sure, AND STICK WITH IT! it does pay off in the end:D

peace

some nice sounds in there mate. Just keep workin at it.
Try layering some kick and snare hits over your drums. More importantly mate, enjoy yourself and take your time. I have been producing for about a yr now. Still learning everyday.

Back
Top Bottom