My first track .. Need some general feedback

RUSSLA

Technique
VIP Junglist
Right so been working on this the past few days, its not finished yet by any means...Trying to make it sound crisp etc but not sure if needs anything else .. Learnt now that mixing down is the biggest fucking mission ever!

Please be as brutal as you can, but not just slating the track, constructive stuff init (y)

http://dnbshare.com/download/TestTrack2.mp3.html

Thanks gays!

Last edited:
well its quite punchy mate... looking at the positives, youve got some good drum cuts and a punchy snare and kick. ummm it still sounds real amateur based on the mixdown and the bassline, but there are a few good elements in the background which are sounding well thought out...

not bad work for a first tune atall mate! you av to learn for yourself over time and i cant just correct you, but if you had been producing for longer i would be harsher. Most important things for me the bass is far too loud and ruinin the rest of the track, structurly the bassline comes accross real simple and cheesy but i think its too easy to do that with writing jump up tracks. Mixdown is really important but i guess you will get better at it the longer you write... sounding good but yeah u just havnt been producing long enough yet thats all

Last edited:
Cheeers Lucid mate, this is first sorta thing ive done myself and just kinda sat down and had a mess about.. Know what you mean bout the bass, silly loud init.. Will deffo take on board what you said, guna be a while until I get a crisp sound, all practice i suppose. Glad there are some positives there :)

Did this today, completely different, and i think the mix is better. Allow the repetitiveness for now but would be interested to hear what you think :)

Cheeers Lucid mate, this is first sorta thing ive done myself and just kinda sat down and had a mess about.. Know what you mean bout the bass, silly loud init.. Will deffo take on board what you said, guna be a while until I get a crisp sound, all practice i suppose. Glad there are some positives there :)

Did this today, completely different, and i think the mix is better. Allow the repetitiveness for now but would be interested to hear what you think :)

yeah mate! i like the bassline. pretty good mixdown. like u said... repetitive but good all the same.

just need to make the drums punch out a bit more.

u've clearly got the basics, just practise now!

sorry i went a bit mad on my comment back there... i think what i should have said; there are basically little things i can correct you on in your production IE "boost this.... EQ that... compress this... lower that...." but theres not much point, coz u gona learn it all for urself, it just takes a long time til you will do it as you go along.

that second tune has got vibe tho man feeling that saxophone swing

I have heard a fw of your mixes, generally forwarded onto me by Muzza and u are sick on the decks, so am surprise you have only just started producing.

yeah mate! i like the bassline. pretty good mixdown. like u said... repetitive but good all the same.

just need to make the drums punch out a bit more.

u've clearly got the basics, just practise now!

Cheers dude, will beef the drums up a bit :)

---------- Post added at 19:09 ---------- Previous post was at 19:07 ----------

sorry i went a bit mad on my comment back there... i think what i should have said; there are basically little things i can correct you on in your production IE "boost this.... EQ that... compress this... lower that...." but theres not much point, coz u gona learn it all for urself, it just takes a long time til you will do it as you go along.

that second tune has got vibe tho man feeling that saxophone swing

No worries man, all part of progression is fiddling around i suppose (y)

---------- Post added at 19:11 ---------- Previous post was at 19:09 ----------

I have heard a fw of your mixes, generally forwarded onto me by Muzza and u are sick on the decks, so am surprise you have only just started producing.

Wicked mate cheers! Been doing collabs with a mate for a while but couldnt find the patience to sit down by myself until recently..Its all starting to click :)

---------- Post added at 19:11 ---------- Previous post was at 19:11 ----------

i like it man, for a first track its good!!!

Which one you mean Crispy?

OK cool man, i did post another link to something on dnbshare thats why i asked ;) Glad you were diggin it! Been working on it all day!

Back
Top Bottom