My first proper dnb attempt

bennytwohats

Looking for some feedback/advice on this.

http://soundcloud.com/ben-poole/dnb-4

I think its sounding okay, maybe the bass could be a little better defined, think it needs a switch for the second drop so i'm trying to work on that. Would like to hear opinions on what there is so far though. I'm still mixing on hifi speakers unfortunately.

Cheers

Sorry i would have put the track name but it doesn't have one, and i don't really know what style you would call this?

Last edited:
this turns into a nice thick track. for me, the intro lacks interest - i assume it's really just a dj's intro...

i like the bass.

this turns into a nice thick track. for me, the intro lacks interest - i assume it's really just a dj's intro...

i like the bass.

i agree with this like....
the intro, for what it is takes too long for it to be such a slow uneventful build up...needs something going on.
also, mayb ur snare is a little bit too strong, dominates the track a little bit :S
however, do like the bassline.
all i could say is mayb have a little more variation in ur track (y)

Thanks for the feedback guys, yeah i didn't spend much time with the intro which i guess shows, i'm intending to put something a bit more interesting in there, maybe use it in the breakdown and ending as well.

A few people have said that about the snare, it sounds about right at my end so i'm guessing that is a monitoring problem i have here.
I just this morning ordered my first set of monitors and headphones so hopefully can fix that soon :)

Thanks again, any more feedback would be appreciated!

I like it, the drums are interesting - the whole reverse hats(/snares?). Maybe could do with a bit more variation? As in it seems like its the same sounds playing throughout from the first drop. Nice work for a first attempt though. Keep at it!

Disgusted... want to make track like that too :'(
So it's time to criticize:

-
intro: no interest for me
Hats sounds a little too wet i think
lack of new elements during the track

+
Fuc*in' bass line
Great ideas
really like your drums (especially the little pan effects on snares)

Really really good for a first prod.
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom