My first produced tune

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Code:Red, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Code:Red

Code:Red Defiant

Hey, i'm totally new to this producing thing and i've never tried producing before. But i brought fruity loops a few days ago and i've put this together.
    I no it's not very good but some tips and advice would be great

NEW LINK!

http://soundcloud.com/code-redd

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  2. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Ahh so we meet again Code Red!

Well you are definately on the right path! Nice gritty style you have there. I too use Fruity Loops, and am also new to the whole production thing, so cant really offer too much advice as I am still learning myself. I can tell you however that mastering is the key to change an ok track into a banger, especially in FL Studio!.

For instance; Your bass seems to cut out the power of your drums quite a bit, so slap a parametric eq on both bass and drums, then adjust them so the kick comes through the bass. Also you may choose to throw a compressor on the drums to give it a bit more of a thud! but not too much!

I have found that FL Studio is difficult to create proffesional sounds with unless you know how to master effectively (which is what I'm really trying hard to learn right now). I also have Steinberg's Nuendo 3, and the same sounds come across so much crisper and cleaner through that, I just dont know how to use the damn thing!

3. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

this.... i moved onto ableton as it made a massive difference to how 'pro' my tracks sounded!

4. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

5. Code:Red

aha..so we do =)
    ok cheers mate i'll see how it goes, i'm not very familiar with all these compressers and distortion plug ins though, i don't really no what i'm doing with all the knobs

6. Code:Red

ez people, theres a new link up so you can stream the song without having to download it, check it if you can please and tell me what ya think