My first produced tune

Ahh so we meet again Code Red!

Well you are definately on the right path! Nice gritty style you have there. I too use Fruity Loops, and am also new to the whole production thing, so cant really offer too much advice as I am still learning myself. I can tell you however that mastering is the key to change an ok track into a banger, especially in FL Studio!.

For instance; Your bass seems to cut out the power of your drums quite a bit, so slap a parametric eq on both bass and drums, then adjust them so the kick comes through the bass. Also you may choose to throw a compressor on the drums to give it a bit more of a thud! but not too much!

I have found that FL Studio is difficult to create proffesional sounds with unless you know how to master effectively (which is what I'm really trying hard to learn right now). I also have Steinberg's Nuendo 3, and the same sounds come across so much crisper and cleaner through that, I just dont know how to use the damn thing!

I have found that FL Studio is difficult to create proffesional sounds with unless you know how to master effectively (which is what I'm really trying hard to learn right now). I also have Steinberg's Nuendo 3, and the same sounds come across so much crisper and cleaner through that, I just dont know how to use the damn thing!

this.... i moved onto ableton as it made a massive difference to how 'pro' my tracks sounded!

Well you are definately on the right path! Nice gritty style you have there. I too use Fruity Loops, and am also new to the whole production thing, so cant really offer too much advice as I am still learning myself. I can tell you however that mastering is the key to change an ok track into a banger, especially in FL Studio!.

For instance; Your bass seems to cut out the power of your drums quite a bit, so slap a parametric eq on both bass and drums, then adjust them so the kick comes through the bass. Also you may choose to throw a compressor on the drums to give it a bit more of a thud! but not too much!

aha..so we do =)
ok cheers mate i'll see how it goes, i'm not very familiar with all these compressers and distortion plug ins though, i don't really no what i'm doing with all the knobs

Back
Top Bottom