My first mix

DanS

http://www.filedropper.com/mixtape1-dansilvertown

It's my first mix, what do you all think?

Here's the tracklist:
1) Matrix & Futurebound - Knite Riderz
>> Ebony Dubsters - Ra! (Original Sin Remix)
3) Pendulum - Slam
4) Taxman - Too Bad VIP
5) Fresh - Chainsaw
6) Nero - Dick Tracy
7) Brookes Brothers & Futurebound - Dawn Treader
8) Xample - Lowdown
9) Demo & Cease - Ladies Night VIP
10) Commix - Talk To Frank (Break Remix)
11) Original Sin - D Is For Danger
>> Benny Page - Turn Down The Lights
13) Shy FX - Everyday (Chase & Status Remix)
14) Fresh - Gold Dust
15) Sean Paul - Get Busy (Drum & Bass Remix)
16) Jade - Pump Friction
17) TC - Where's My Money?
18) Clipz - Loud And Dirty
19) Prodigy - Smack My Bitch Up (Sub Focus Remix)
20) Justice - DVNO (Nero Remix)
21) Utah Saints - Something Good '08 (High Contrast Remix)
22) Pendulum - Propane Nightmares (Celldweller Remix)
23) Chase & Status - Pieces
>> DJ Hazard - Killers Don't Die
25) Shapeshifter - One

Cheers,
Dan

just finished listening.. really enjoyed it

a few mixes slightly out that I'm sure you're aware of

only real piece of critisism I can give is that I don't think Pieces was a good tune to bring in after Propane.. both lyrical and it sounded really weird.

..woah that sounds really negative i must stress that it's a great mix :)

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I agree about that 2nd last mix, but I wanted to keep it to 1 hour and include it near the end so did it at the time. Cheers everyone.

Killer mix Dan! Listened to this while at work and made me completely forget everything else going on around me. Kickass job for your first mix!

Criticisms...I gotta agree with that_fred_guy on the transition from Propane to Pieces. You almost needed a really short, intermediate track to slow things down to lead into Pieces. Also...even though it probably sounded fine to everyone else...I didn't feel the silenced transition into Pump Friction.

That being said...this mix will definitely get additional plays...here at work, home and on my mp3 player! Excellent track selection and your mixing skills are definitely high...especially considering this being your first mix.

:)

Pretty solid first mix, just watch your beat matching when bringing in another tune into the mix, "Lowdown" - "Ladies Night" being one that stands on in my mind, it probably would've been better had you left it a bit longer before bringing the volume up on ladies night, just to make sure they were beat matched a tad bit better.

But on the Whole a really good first mix tbh (y)

Back
Top Bottom