My first ever fully finished Gabber tune. Would love any feedback you guys can give.

Mike Rhino

http://soundcloud.com/mike-rhino/light-up-the-darkness-1

This is my first ever FULLY finished track which has been released by Splatterkore reck-ords. I would love any feedback, production tips etc that you guys can give me (good or bad feedback would be great)
Download it, listen to it, do whatever you want with it (within reason)
Cheers!
Mike Rhino

Respect to all producers and DJ's out there, young and old.

Re: My first ever fully finished Gabber tune. Would love any feedback you guys can gi

great kicks, hard but very roomy. like it.
horror movie samples are hugely generic in gabber though...

Re: My first ever fully finished Gabber tune. Would love any feedback you guys can gi

Cheers for the feedback StrifeII. Glad you like the kicks, they took a while to put together but I'm pretty pleased with them.
I know exactly what you mean about the generic samples but it was for an apocalypse theme compilation so I thought some I am Legend samples would fit the bill.
Cheers again for listening and for your compliments.
All the best.

mental stuff haha cant say i 'like' it, its one of those sounds i only enjoy when i'm off my face and dont know where i am :D but anyways, great production

A very interesting and promising track, Rhino, I must say. :D

I don't know shit about production, so please DO bear that in mind, but on a taste level (personal taste, mind), for gabber I found it to be, well, I don't mean this unkindly - not at all - but a little too break-dominated. Not enough "oomph", if you will. So whilst I really enjoyed listening to it, dancing to it would be a bit of an effort, I think, as there was a certain lack of general continuity, imo [emphasis on "imo"].

Though you should, and I hope will, take that with a pinch of salt, as my main staple is psytrance, so that bleeds over into what sort of gabber I personally prefer.

Nice track man, kinda terrorcore imo. Gabber is awesome tho, went to proper event in germany was fucking amazing so many people off there faces proper aggressiveness, got to see Nosferatu live and shit, mint.

Really nice man !! But I wouldn't call it gabber, it's more industrial and it really reminds me of a combination between richie gee and outside agency, you've got a really sick sound :)
Keep up the good work !

Cheers for taking time out to listen to my track. It means a lot to know that people are willing to take time listen to the my music. Serious amounts of respect to all of you. I know this style of music isnt to everyones taste.
I'll be sure to take on board any hints or tips you lot have given me. Keep your eyes pealed for some new tracks next week.
Cheers everyone!
Mike Rhino
p.s. I do agree that it's more of an industrial track rather than a gabber track but gabber seemed easier to write at the time.

Last edited:

i am a massive gabber fan, cant listen to sound cloud in work tho...will defo check when i am on the home turf.

To hear you say that it reminds you of Richie Gee and The Outside Agency is just the best thing I could ever wish to hear. Thanks for listening! Seriously stoked by your comments. Cheers!!!

There's a sound in there that I recognise, did you use reason to make this by any chance??

Indeed I did, is it that obvious? Does it have "that reason sound" that people keep warning me about?

Back
Top Bottom