My first dubstep track posted...

D-Tektiv

VIP Junglist
Its on my myspace player now..3rd song down..it's called "Mugs"...I use a sample from the 1938 gangster flick "Angels With Dirty Faces" starring James Cagney.
It's dirty dubstep, and as one friend put it jokingly, "ket-step", haha...but yeah, check it out, and if ya want a 320mp3 of it, feel free to ask and I'll give ya the link..I'm gonna work on makin' a B-Side to it, but if it does get released after being mastered eventually, it'll be more than likely just a digital release, but still want to have a another track to go with it, instead of just a single release...enjoy the soundz...pz

http://www.myspace.com/musicbydtektiv

hey hey d-tektiv, still trying to use a cagney sample myself! (btw ty fore the link) nice work mate, really nice

nice track man...really like it..
love the cagney sample.
320 of mastered version mayb?

It's not mastered yet, no idea when I'll have a chance to have that done. But for now, if ya want the 320mp3 of it as is, you're welcome to it :D
Glad ya liked it though bro. Was the first dubstep tune i was happy enough with to share with others:clown:

hey hey d-tektiv, still trying to use a cagney sample myself! (btw ty fore the link) nice work mate, really nice

Thanks bro. Yeah man, finally used a cagney sample, heh. I tried it with jump up too, wasn't feelin' it..but when i started this dubstep tune it seemed to click, ya know. I have a b-side in the works for "Mugs" and it's got another cagney sample in it ;) Might have to make the tracks release on a Cagney EP, lol...take care bro, and thanks again for the words.

I like the dubstep track dude.

Checking out your other tunes too - some tasty floaty rollers in there :thumbsup:

Thanks for the words bro, appreciated.(y)
Just finished up a b-side for "Mugs" called "Top Of The World"..which is another dirty track with yet another James Cagney sample from an old gangster film. :D I think this sample is more known as it's the one from the movie White Heat where he says, "Made it ma! Top of the world!" I love old gangster movies, especially the cagney ones. used to have a pic of him from the movie Public Enemy in my sig on here.

As far as the dnb on my page, yeah it seems I'm chill while doin' the dnb, but gettin out the anger in the dubtep.:clown:
Either way, was stoked to finally grasp dubstep better now so i can expand on what i make, as I already made breakbeats and dnb, and random things.

Thanks again for the words bro. pz & respect to ya'.

Fucking love it man. Just the sort of Dubstep I like. Not too hard but with a bit of an edge. The little wobble bit :not_worth

Feeling your stuff man. Will be bagging Late Nights next time I'm on emusic (y)

Any chance of a cheeky 320 of Mugs? Hit me up if it's released though so I can fill your pockets :D

Fucking love it man. Just the sort of Dubstep I like. Not too hard but with a bit of an edge. The little wobble bit :not_worth

Feeling your stuff man. Will be bagging Late Nights next time I'm on emusic (y)

Any chance of a cheeky 320 of Mugs? Hit me up if it's released though so I can fill your pockets :D

Nice one bro, thank for the words (y):)

Yeah, dubstep tunes came outta nowhere on me. Will be postin' the "b-side" for mugs shortly, well maybe in a few hours time, on my myspace player as well. But yeah man, will PM ya on here with a 320 of Mugs..not mastered yet, but useable/listenable I'm sure.:)
Got a friend that wants to start a dubstep label just to release the tunes, heh. But in reality he's always wanted to start one as it's what he mainly spins, and he's been lovin' my dnb tunes, but also hopin' I'd hit up dubstep as well, which it seems I finally got a grasp on a sound I like enough in dubstep to share. :)
Appreciate the fillin' my pockets thing :D
Not sure if I have ever sold a copy of Late Nights to be honest, unless they aren't sendin me my cut. Need to check my paypal again. :clown: Plus the new distributor that is used by the label the released Late Nights only pays quarterly now instead of monthly.
Take care bro, will PM ya in a sec with a link to "Mugs" and "Top Of The World" for ya to check out and see if ya like it, since i'm about to post it on Myspace anyway. pz

Back
Top Bottom