MY First DUBPLATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Correct me if Im wrong, but it's not a one off copy you had cut, it's just a TP/advanced promo... ?

I love Serial Killaz stuff though so either way, Im jealous.

Correct me if Im wrong, but it's not a one off copy you had cut, it's just a TP/advanced promo... ?

I love Serial Killaz stuff though so either way, Im jealous.
yeh man excuse me for being a bit of a newbie. Its not a one off, Its a test press

It's very unlikely you've got a test press mate...congrats on your first promo copy though!

Best thing to do is let your white labels build up without writing on them so no one has a clue what you're going to play! You would have too hold them up to the light and learn the serial numbers to identify them but funny still ;)

If you do get a dubplate cut I think it would ideally look something like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GidcVj3NpDc

I think the term, dubplate has been taken out of its original context thanks to the prolification of mp3s... I would still refer to an mp3 that a producer gave me ahead of release as a dub (y)

Serial Killaz are spreading the love at the moment with their promos (which is how they're still refered to by the people making and selling them). If you say you've got a dubplate most people would expect you to have a chunky bit of acetate...unless you're someone like Rodigan. Then it'd be a special...

They do some good ones here if anyones interested http://www.soundbytesrecords.com/index.asp?go=A&ac=dubplates&pge=1&psz=50

Last edited:
maybe he knows the labelowner and got a testpress???

I got my hands on the test press by dropping Tobie from the serial killaz a comment on his page asking when the white label for jamican boy comes out and he replyed saying that its not gonna drop untill after christmas, but that he had a spare test press lying about so he said messgae him my details and he would sort me out.
so i messaged him my address and said to him if he gave me his account number and sort code and a price i would transfer the money over to him.

i didnt get a reply after that but today it showed up in the post. at first i didnt relise what it was at first because i wasnt expecting any vinyl to show up, but it sorta clicked when i notcied he had wrote my address in permenant maker instead of being on a print out sticker.
and that it said SERIAL KILLAZ on the back :P

It's very unlikely you've got a test press mate...congrats on your first promo copy though!

Best thing to do is let your white labels build up without writing on them so no one has a clue what you're going to play! You would have too hold them up to the light and learn the serial numbers to identify them but funny still ;)

If you do get a dubplate cut I think it would ideally look something like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GidcVj3NpDc

Serial Killaz are spreading the love at the moment with their promos (which is how they're still refered to by the people making and selling them). If you say you've got a dubplate most people would expect you to have a chunky bit of acetate...unless you're someone like Rodigan. Then it'd be a special...

They do some good ones here if anyones interested http://www.soundbytesrecords.com/index.asp?go=A&ac=dubplates&pge=1&psz=50

good to see you're back on form (y)

I said it's unlikely not impossible but to be honest who gives a fuck? Firestarter you struck lucky...well done! If that's all it takes I'm gonna spam their tunes with comments 'coz I've been waiting time for certain tunes to come out.

Fucking lolz asking for his account details... :lol:

Last edited:
are test presses hard to come by? i got a test press of adam F - last days (mickey finn L double remix)

also whats a test press?

a test press is the test press of the vinyl press and you get them before the main press.

---------- Post added at 01:22 ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 ----------

that sentence was awful. I mean... It is a test vinyl which is created before the main run.

normally the label gets the WAVS mastered and these get pressed on to about 10-20 vinyls. the vinyl pressers send them back to the label for testing (playing out & quality checks etc). once the label is happy they give the go-ahead to the pressers and get the main run pressed up.

You lucky fucka

But if you don't ask...you don't get

But what was you gonna do with his Sort Code & Account Number? Prize-winning monies?!

sort code and account number are needed for payments im pretty sure i would need his card number and expirey date and security number to actually withdraw money from him or shop online using his account

---------- Post added at 17:53 ---------- Previous post was at 17:49 ----------

if i wanted to rob some one for a load of money i wouldnt take it from tobie who just sorted me out HARD, i would look on my work computer where i have 1000s of credit card details on a database for my account customers. some of which i know have a few million in the bank.
i still dont think its worth going to prison for :P

Back
Top Bottom