My first Drum & Bass tune ever

lots of reverb... mad effects on your synth bass!!!

pretty heavy shit man i like what u are going for definatly,

main fing tho the beat sounds kinda sludgy tho, did u put any effects on it atall?

lots of reverb... mad effects on your synth bass!!!

pretty heavy shit man i like what u are going for definatly,

main fing tho the beat sounds kinda sludgy tho, did u put any effects on it atall?

Glad you liked it :) Yeah, the beat sounds very dry even with reverb and EQ, maybe Ill should add very little fast delay and more EQ :confused:

i was just thinking it needs to be cleaner mate,

i wouldnt put effects on it personally just EQing and a bit of compression maybe

delay will get messy very quickly :p

pretty awesome first effort. sounds full, nice pace, heavy sound. certainly won't be mistaken for anything other than dnb!

for me, the hook (lead) gets tiring after awhile. i keep waiting for it to roll into something more (it sorta does at the end). gives the track a constantly building feeling, and weakens the drops.

also, the drum kit sounds quite flat. are you cutting a lot of high frequencies out of your drums? i would definitely try to add some shimmer to those drums...

you're moving in the right direction. keep doing it man, it gets easier and easier...

I take it by your first post heading of my first ''drum and bass'' tune that you've made other stuff before!
Great energy to the tune, great hi synth also, that would break down a rave!! loved the fx of dj scratching into the next phase, sounded profesh!
i agree with adding more hi to your drums, but i feel you could add it in slowing into the intro 4 the drop.
I actually think this is an absolute tune! and with abit of work would smash sales on a label! it has a old school pendulum feel that everyone loves making it sound epic and complex with a hint of ram records naughtyness!
Great ingredients, Great tune!!! keep It Up! InD-ex

Locked.......

Interesting sound on the bass, a bit too much reverb on it though you need it to be harder and cleaner

The drums sound really reverbed up too??

Uh oh i hear synth coming, does sound really pendulum esque

its gets repetative VERY quickly, the lead was the same over and over, like a 2 bar phrase just caining into you

some kool edits on the drums, the layout isnt bad at all for ur first time DnB.

Good effort on the writing apart from the lead being the same all the way through

Defo less of the Verb dude

:

I like the snare on this track, it punches through nicely, but I think the rest of the drums could do with beefing up a bit, they need a few more layers.

The bass sound is gritty, but as others have said, needs to have a bit less reverb. Also the pattern gets a bit boring, needs changing up a bit.

I like the lead you have used, does sound a bit Pendulum, but its got a catchy rift.

Very good work for your first track tho mate.

thanks guys, will use less reverb and upload the fixed version :)

Some quick changes (also have a vocal now lol recorded by me :P): http://www23.zippyshare.com/v/45937427/file.html

I take it by your first post heading of my first ''drum and bass'' tune that you've made other stuff before!
Great energy to the tune, great hi synth also, that would break down a rave!! loved the fx of dj scratching into the next phase, sounded profesh!
i agree with adding more hi to your drums, but i feel you could add it in slowing into the intro 4 the drop.
I actually think this is an absolute tune! and with abit of work would smash sales on a label! it has a old school pendulum feel that everyone loves making it sound epic and complex with a hint of ram records naughtyness!
Great ingredients, Great tune!!! keep It Up! InD-ex

Thanks man :) yeah I've been producing mostly cheese (hands up/dance, hardstyle etc etc) for 3 years but I feel that dnb is much more fun to make because its much harder to produce and get that really nice bass that fit togheter with a nice beat :)

Last edited:
thanks guys, will use less reverb and upload the fixed version :)

Some quick changes (also have a vocal now lol recorded by me :P): http://www23.zippyshare.com/v/45937427/file.html

Thanks man :) yeah I've been producing mostly cheese (hands up/dance, hardstyle etc etc) for 3 years but I feel that dnb is much more fun to make because its much harder to produce and get that really nice bass that fit togheter with a nice beat :)
i quite like this, like the others said really, maybe switch up the lead abit earlier to avoid it getting boring, drums sound ok bit dull thats all, its certainlly better than what im producing though. you say youve been producing dance and hardstyle, any chance of some links to your hardstyle???

i quite like this, like the others said really, maybe switch up the lead abit earlier to avoid it getting boring, drums sound ok bit dull thats all, its certainlly better than what im producing though. you say youve been producing dance and hardstyle, any chance of some links to your hardstyle???

I made hardstyle for a very long time ago, but I will see if I got something (unfinished stuff) on my computer when I come home

like the bass them cymbals are wicked like the kick snare, well the hole drum riffs wicked, a good track but it needs structuring and a sub bass apart from that for your first track its heavy! and you've definatly got potentual, keep it up and look forward to hearing more tracks from you, peace
btw ive just put a track up for feedback, and any feedback would be much appreciated

Back
Top Bottom