My first Drum and Bass song with fl studio

listened to it on headphones, was a headfuck, maybe not go with the panning back and forth all the way through? does your head in after a little while, i had to stop listening. maybe add something different in there or a different bit to the main riff, gets a bit stale. Drums arent sounding too bad, cant hear bass or anything like that thru my headphones so i may be wrong about the drums. Keep it up tho!

Everything about that title makes me not want to listen to it. Jesus

sorry to be such a cunt

ah deutsche sind auch hier das ist vorteihaft ^^ dann gib du doch mal eine berwertung auf deutsch ab für mich das ich leichter zu verstehen ^^

den drums fehlen ein bisschen hoehen, und sie koennten lauter sein. sind die komprimiert? versuch das mal, der shuffle und das feel sind naemlich eigentlich sehr nice. melodisch ist das auch ok was du da gemacht hast. insgesamt denke ich brauch das ding nen vernuenftigen mixdown und nen kleines vocal koennte den tune noch abrunden.
ansonsten garnicht uebel fuern ersten versuch. meiner klang schlechter^^^

nice one ;) and sry for writing in german to all the ones not able to read it, hehe :D

Nice attempt, esp for a first try

some ideas...

automate the panning, rather thn having it flying about all the time
hi-pass everything @100~150hz , except for the bass and kick (except maybe in the break down, see what your ears tell you)...you should then be able to beef up the bassline nicely without it getting muddy
eq and compress your bassline
If you have the Kick on a seperate channel to the rest of the precusion, you may want to compress the Kick and bass together in a single channel, maybe with a sidechain aswell...dont over compress, unless you want that spor kinda sound, doesnt sound like thats what your after tho
vary the drums some more
use automation to change the synth sounds and fx param's and let them evolve thru the track
get your synths eq and leveled/mixeddown, some sounds are too big n making things muddy

all in all tho, not a bad effort at all :) the music is nice, just needs polish and a little more creativity that all comes with experience

Last edited:
every time you make a new one you will improve, keep listening back and seeing what you thought didnt sound too good, and keep checking tutorials on youtube. you will get better! just takes time, dont expect to be smashing out tunes like noisia when you first start, practise makes perfect as with anything!

Back
Top Bottom