My first dnb track

dakertone

Hi, I recently started making tunes on my laptop and just finished a dnb track, though I warn you now that it is quite melodic.

This is new to me so some feedback would be appreciated - I want to get much better.

Please check me myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/dakertone

thanks

Can´t give you any advice coz I´m a noob in production but m8..that one basskick is obviously totally off key..and you´ll need a lotta practice..jus my 2 cents.

hi mate. listened to slackers.
obviously you know that the drums were out of sync with the tune and hats. If you cant hear that, then maybe music prod is not for you. Just statin a fact.
Some good ideas there mate, executed better and i think i could be good. Maybe start of with simpler beats to get better orientated to the software you are using.
Try working with a sub bass first and get good at making rich sounding subs. then start adding layers such as distorted high end basses.
good effort fella, keep it up
peace

cheers mate, i will give that a go. I did think it was a bit out of sync but couldn't put my finger on it.

Like the idea of using distorted bass.

I have tried to make sub bass but I am finding it hard to do with garageband.

fl studio is a good daw to work with. very simple interface and can play wavs, rex mp3 files. 3xosc is amazing for grimey bass.

well I'm really bad at giving tips but maybe you can try to use some breaks , there's a break exange thread so I'm sure you'll find a lot you'll like , I think this would be a bit simpler .. but I like the idea of the track

A Break is a drum and bass beat.

Im guessing its called a "break" as instead of a simple kick and then snare pattern repeated its broken up a bit more so ull ave like kick, kick, snare, kick, snare, kick kick

instead of

kick, snare, kick, snare, kick, snare

Correct me if im wrong please people?

Daps

ah i get it, i could use breaks - as in beats that are already made?

I still want to try and make my own drum parts.

Have been trying to sort out the timing of it all to get better sync but all my notes are exactly on the grid lines so i am not sure where i am going wrong?

I am sure they are where they are supposed to be but it just doesn't sound quite right.

Yeah breaks are beats u cn use.

Wen ur making breaks i find the best thing to do is jus put ur basic snre and kick pattern in nd work from that. put one drumsound in at time and keep listening to see if it sounds right. if it doesnt simply tke way tht beat and try it somewhere else.

Its abit like building puzzle. seeing what fits where if ya get me

sorrry my a dont work properly

Back
Top Bottom