DnB My First DnB Track

JLBsot

Hi guys,

I'm a newcomer to this forum, I've been producing garage/grime/bass for about 6 years now but have recently decided to try my hand at DnB.

Here is my first DnB tune, Survive. Would like to know what you think. If you leave any feedback I will check out your tunes and feed back in return.

Big up.

I kinda like the idea of that tune.
The snare needs a little work though imo. Sounds too muted for my taste.
The growls are nice but they're getting a bit boring in the second drop. Variations would be nice. But that's just a personal thing ;)
Overall sound is pretty good to me. Good work

nice one man, the vibe and all is right here, but the bass needs to roll a bit more between the growls. the mix down is pretty decent here too. The snare and kick should be more prominent for sure. maybe even side chain some stuff. needs more shuffles and fills as well. not so much just drum machine stuff. but solid work for your first hand at the genre, definitely covers all basses!)
[soundcloud.com] [/soundcloud.com]
here is one i did recently. any feedback is always welcome @JLBsot

Big up guys, cheers for the feedback!

I agree that the bass growl and drums do get a bit repetitive but the idea behind this was to make a proper 'gurners anthem' for the drum & bass nights haha, I think I might have managed that much!

Snare is a tricky one to get right here, it is slightly sidechained with the mid basses but I didn't want to overkill it and create the breathing effect.

@JoErOe I'll check your track out on my lunch break today bud.

Back
Top Bottom