MY FIRST DNB TRACK (Please review)

are you using EQ? because the sounds seem to be really muddy and don't fit together, you need to be EQ'ing all the different layers of sounds like shelves, everything must fit together to fill the frequency range.

Your kick and snare are washed away from the mix because you haven't used sidechaining or eq. Sidechain the kick with the low end sounds and maybe a little sidechaining for the snare too, create an eq dip where the snare peaks in the other sounds so that there are no overlaying frequencies.

Also are you using a sub bass? this is simply a sine wave hitting at a really low frequency of around 40hz to create that heavy bass that you can feel on a big sound system, make sure to lowpass this at the highest note, and have literally everything else highpassed above the highest note, so that nothing clashes. if you want a heavy kick though you wouldnt have to cut out all of the low end if you were sidechaining.

I can understand what your saying about the muddiness. i didn't do any extensive eq-ing, but i did some. i did use some side chaining, but nothing to extreme to where it cuts out the whole melody. Tank You for the reply

Really like your tracks vibe. Production vise it sound below average. Sounds muddy. Maybe eq your elements 200hz range to add some room for beat. When you listen your breakdown you can hear your snare much better and after everything drops in it kinda get shadowed by your other elements. So yea, do some more eq and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom