My first 3 tunes (Hip Hop)

Borf™

Borf
VIP Junglist
Had fruity loops for about 2 months, was just pissing about with it really. Started making some tunes last weekend. These are more just beats than actual tunes.

The first one I was just playing around with the piano at my mate's session at the recording studio (in a metal band) that I tagged along with, chopped them up and added a beat and bassline to it.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/540879232ec81c53/

The second one, I was just thinking up guitar riffs in my head, then sang them to my mate, so he played them and I liked them, so he recorded them and I made it into a beat.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/54088044ba5c3485/

The third one I made last night. Couldn't sleep so thought I'd just go on fruity loops.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/540882300628a151/

I have no clue what I'm doing on fruity loops. I just click buttons and move things about, but it seems to work nicely. Took me ages to work out how to import sounds properly, kept fucking up on me. Never made anything at all before, these are THE first 3 I've actually started making. Let me know what you think innit. Be truthful, I wanna know what you really think like.

Good stuff. Liking the first and second ones - the guitar sounds really bright and it works well.

Third one sounds a bit quiet, but the bass is really nice and clean.

Keep it up fella!

My favourite is the third one Brofski it is more relevant to my interests. I may have to get in on this game.

guitar beat stands out the most for me too, quite a nice sound and good riff to it aswell, piano tune could be good with a little more work an the 3rd beat i aint really feelin at all tho, good effort tho big up!

guitar beat stands out the most for me too, quite a nice sound and good riff to it aswell, piano tune could be good with a little more work an the 3rd beat i aint really feelin at all tho, good effort tho big up!

could sign that. guitar tune sounds nice! big ups!

nice work brof, 1st one sounds abit basic, drums maybe need abit of reverb on them,

2nd one for me was the best, guitar works niiice. not sure on the hats tho, they sounded abit electronic but all in all a nice sound, maybe try adding a few ghost snares and kick in there to add rythm and make the tune more atmospheric, go into your piano roll and add a snare straight after a snare hit, but go to the bottom and adjust the velocity of the hit , so its more faint and seems like an echo in effect.

i cant offer much technical stuff because im a beginner aswell as you know. 2nd one was best ho for sure, you making all your own drums or using breaks aswell??

3rd one was nice , needs some work , but very good for a first timer .

good work bruv , keep it up .

how did you sample the guitar , can you tell me step by step please ?? was it just a mic and pressing reocord in fruity , or did you record it on something else and turn it into a wav.

please explain in laymans please as im a complete noob to recording.

im sorting out a rig at the moment, so im going to be working soon on some tracks .

looking forward to the next ones fella.

nice work brof, 1st one sounds abit basic, drums maybe need abit of reverb on them,

2nd one for me was the best, guitar works niiice. not sure on the hats tho, they sounded abit electronic but all in all a nice sound, maybe try adding a few ghost snares and kick in there to add rythm and make the tune more atmospheric, go into your piano roll and add a snare straight after a snare hit, but go to the bottom and adjust the velocity of the hit , so its more faint and seems like an echo in effect.

i cant offer much technical stuff because im a beginner aswell as you know. 2nd one was best ho for sure, you making all your own drums or using breaks aswell??

3rd one was nice , needs some work , but very good for a first timer .

good work bruv , keep it up .

how did you sample the guitar , can you tell me step by step please ?? was it just a mic and pressing reocord in fruity , or did you record it on something else and turn it into a wav.

please explain in laymans please as im a complete noob to recording.

im sorting out a rig at the moment, so im going to be working soon on some tracks .

looking forward to the next ones fella.

I just asked my mate to play and record something like what I had in my head, while he was at a recording studio recording his band's material when I tagged along. Dunno what happened then, he just sent me the wavs like the next day.

theyre good man!! i like keep it up

maybyey a bit more hi hat in some of them

any chance u got a copy of that guitar sample u recorded?

Yeh man, I'll send it to you when I'm next on at home

Nice work man

I like the 2nd one the most, I think it rolls quite nicely. 1st one is good as well I like the piano riff.

Wasnt really feeling the 3rd one tbh, prefered the other 2 instead.
All in all very good tho (y)

First and second got potential, bit to minimal for me. the third ones sick mate! Can imagine some of my favs spittin over that...
I like the quick piano sample coming in and then leaving the drums and bass on there own. The first two didnt do as much for me though.

If I were you Id work on the third one cos a finished version of that cud be up to really high standard (Iv actually on my third listen of it now.) Bit more reverb on it.

PS Where did u get these sampls from?

Keep it up!

Thanks for the feeback mate.

Yeh, I need to work on the volume of the third one.

I got the piano sample from a random horror film scene off youtube.

Just searched and searched horror films for samples.

I'll try and find which on it was.

Back
Top Bottom