my experimental 170bpm

Sounds good, i'd take out that low tom/kick when the pad kicks it at :43ish and add some steady drums and a long steady 1 note per bar sub bass

Last edited:
i like it. pads are a bit loud compared to the percussive stuff (i do like the amen being background though)

Glad u guys like it but theres a problem tho... the pads are a sample.... and i dont know how to make proper bass or pads so im kinda stuck

Best get teaching yourself how to make some twisted basslines then :P

bare in mind, you can make nasty bass with a synth or you can make nasty bass with some samples of dogs barking or anything really.

also mastering is a big problem as you might have heard in the tune... it feels so.....loud....

---------- Post added at 23:25 ---------- Previous post was at 23:22 ----------

don't bother learning, you'll just end up sounding like everyone else. keep experimenting :)

but. you see, i dont even know wich tool in ableton i have to use for making pads or bass.... ok bass is done with operator i presume but i dont know where to start

but. you see, i dont even know wich tool in ableton i have to use for making pads or bass.... ok bass is done with operator i presume but i dont know where to start

well you know a pad is a sustained note/chord/inharmonic sound and bass refers to a frequency range. just about any synth can make either of those things and just about any sample can be turned into either of things.

timestretch, pitch shift, and reverbs are ways to approach this. convolution reverb is probably the method i use the most (this isn't how it works, but you can imagine for each discrete sample in the impulse file triggering the source input but filtered to the frequency content of the discrete sample, so quite easy to "smear" a sound).

Back
Top Bottom