My DnB tracks :)

AzeRoon

eidam Cheese
Hi there! I want to show you my first attempts on making DnB tracks. I was composing orchestral things till last month and then I've switched to DnB, coz i kinda like it waaay more

I'd love some feedback from you, guys! What to focus on, what should I improve and what shall I avoid when making DnB.

http://soundcloud.com/azeroon

or U-tube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/AzeRoonCZ?feature=mhum

Thank you!
Peace out!

Last edited:
The musical parts like the pads, strings and vocals are good, but your drums are way to weak.
Listen do Drum & Bass a little more, then create different drumloops and the would be better.
Also I'm not quite sure about the basslines, the mixdown is not quite done yet I guess.

some really great musical ideas in this! (bleak) but yeah the dnb parts are weak man :(

the bass in the first tune is too messy and too loud, needs to be filtered and turnd down.

the beat isnt strong enough atall on the second one, but im liking the melodies tho and that vocal sounds great!

well i think the drums in the first one are strong enough, they just need tweaking. they need to be boosted with EQs and compressed probably, although they have a nice sound as they are... But its the drums in the second one that i couldnt get my head around, the snare isnt there,

your gonna collect thousands of drum samples as u go along producing dnb, so they will get better in their own time hopefully. you need stronger kick and snare samples IMO, and have you heard about using the "breaks" ??

True so I'll play with EQ a little in the song I'm making now. I finally managed to give more contrast to kicks by using peak controller. The bass line does turn down for a few milliseconds, now, as the kick kicks , so it doesn't fade in the bass line.
A few questions - what should be compressed on drums? Which frequencies? I'm not sure with panning, either. Do I have to set the drums in center or spread them? Imho wide drums sound better for me, so I was using stereo enhancers, but Im unsure.
And no I had never heard about "breaks", I'd love to find out what they are!
Peace

Using breaks... I often use some simple rock drumloops and turn the tempo up to a dnb tempo, then Highpass that break, EQ it maybe, maybe even throw on some reverb and there you go! Your drums will be a lot heavier and filled up.
I normally have about four break loops layered on my drumloop. Processed as hell, sliced it in individual hits, maybe even played with the note placement to create a nice break loop that works together with the drums itself.

Next, the drums should always be in the center, just like vocals. The bassline should be in the center. I would normally pan my strings, pads, atmospheric sounds, fx sounds, etc.

Next, the drums should always be in the center, just like vocals. The bassline should be in the center. I would normally pan my strings, pads, atmospheric sounds, fx sounds, etc.

good advice but i have found a neat little trick i thought i would share, with adding the right phaser to you to yur sub bass you can mud it up real nice and create good slight movement from left to right speaker it actually sounds really really good. i have presets that i created to do this but you can figure it out fairly easy.

how fast should it move from right to left? Thanks for the advice.. actually, I was wondering how can I create a liquid like DnB... what effects shall I use on which instrument? And what instruments exactly? A lot of questions, I know, but it's too fast in any liquid tracks to recognize :D

Back
Top Bottom