My DJ name

Datt Male

VIP Junglist
don't particularly need 1 as of yet, but last night I saw a number plate 'Kaos1' and although theres already a DJ Kaos, I was thinking maybe Khaos, wats everyones thoughts, should I get something more original? Is it a bit cheeky? ez

Its a good name but really you should be original,i wanted blackout at 1st a few years back but then realized how many there were after a quick google,thats what you want to do, if you like a name type in dj bla bla bla and you will no if its original by nothing coming up or unless its 1 or 2 with the same name but say, from million miles away playing another genre it aint to bad.The thing i find with dj names is if you come up with sumut original people say nah wtf is that sounds shit,but i always think imagine when mampi swift came up with his name,i would have said your havin a laugh,but now its wicked.I struggled with mine, my real names luke and i wanted rage but theres a few rage's so wrote luke on paper and messed about for a bit and came up with LK RAGE.not every1s cupa but fuck it i like it,the lk means fuck all just 2 letters outa my name and i have heard it loads mentioned by other djs when i had a regular radio slot last year,and you soon get used to it.try your own mate,

Last edited:
well i got mine from people saying that i was 'too critical of myself' wenever i did a mix back when we was all learning how to beat match

i used 2 do an ok mix but not be happy with it and my mates reckon i was too hard or 'critical' of myself

spelt it a bit different and i came up with KRITIKOOL lol which has stuck ever since

gota go original init, soooo many people called Kaos or Khaos about its unreal

something personal to you is best imo

don't particularly need 1 as of yet, but last night I saw a number plate 'Kaos1' and although theres already a DJ Kaos, I was thinking maybe Khaos, wats everyones thoughts, should I get something more original? Is it a bit cheeky? ez

I have absolutly no imagination what so ever when it comes to Dj'ing names (As you Can See).

I mean...Alll the ones i like are already taken, I wish i had come up with Dj Hype first, but hey.

Back when i had my Belt Drive soundlabs, nobody around me and including me could mix, so everybody wanted to be an MC. I was in the local youth Centre and people knew i had decks, and so they all told me to step up on the youth Clubs decks.

There were four records in the youth club, 3 were drum n Bass and one was a techno tune. I did my best to mix the 3 tunes and 20 others decided to pass the mic around. It was recorded, but god only knows what happend to the tape.

As they were doing shout outs to everyone watching, they called me "Matty C", Then they all did it, and befroe you know it, they were making lyrics with my name in them.

I always luagh when i think how bad it all must have sounded, and i remember seeing the looks on the youth club workers faces, they really didnt get it, but it kept us off the streets for and hour or two. LOL

I have absolutly no imagination what so ever when it comes to Dj'ing names (As you Can See).

I mean...Alll the ones i like are already taken, I wish i had come up with Dj Hype first, but hey.

Back when i had my Belt Drive soundlabs, nobody around me and including me could mix, so everybody wanted to be an MC. I was in the local youth Centre and people knew i had decks, and so they all told me to step up on the youth Clubs decks.

There were four records in the youth club, 3 were drum n Bass and one was a techno tune. I did my best to mix the 3 tunes and 20 others decided to pass the mic around. It was recorded, but god only knows what happend to the tape.

As they were doing shout outs to everyone watching, they called me "Matty C", Then they all did it, and befroe you know it, they were making lyrics with my name in them.

I always luagh when i think how bad it all must have sounded, and i remember seeing the looks on the youth club workers faces, they really didnt get it, but it kept us off the streets for and hour or two. LOL

matty i thought hype stole ur name u said u came up with it first

Back
Top Bottom