my biggest off-day yet

DjFeltz

Today i had such an unbelievable off-day, i couldnt mix smoothly atall and i feel like shit, i even got tired of listenin to drum and bass which is worrying. anybody else get off-days?

Today i had such an unbelievable off-day, i couldnt mix smoothly atall and i feel like shit, i even got tired of listenin to drum and bass which is worrying. anybody else get off-days?
I've had a lot of these in recent months.

More often then not. At least you had a day off.

people are different, but when this happens take a nice big breath, switch the dnb off before you get sick of it, and go outside (or to the boozer)
yeah it happens, used to make me feel like crap and a failure, thats because you invest so much effort into it. now i just shrug and turn it up, or turn it off. if it happens when you are playing out, different story. sweating bullets there man.:rambo:

edit - the above advice isnt easy, and there can be rewards from being bloody-minded. but not for anyone listening :teeth:

yeah i get off days but am finding that they happen less and less as i get more practice. On the off days, i reckon it's best to just turn it off and watch a bit of tv/go t' pub, anything apart from mix! I just go back to it later and feel much more relaxed.

I've not bought any D&B in two months now!

Same here and I don't intend to... can't say I'm waiting for anything apart from the new Freestylers album. Maybe will check out Congo Natty. Anybody notice that Rebel MC/CN is getting less & less coherent as time goes by?

:grrrrr: dont worry mate i happens to us all i get so mad i threw my vinyl "body rock"

the thing i most hate is if ur recording a set and ur 45 mins threw it and then u do a duff mix or the needle jumps:grrrrr:

Back
Top Bottom