My Apologies and Retributions

Discussion in 'Production' started by IV4, Feb 16, 2013.

1. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Sorry everybody,
    I have not been around much to listen to your tracks here. Please believe me that life has just simply been more than over whelming lately. I also just read some post on how this part(my favorite) of the forum has been lacking with new concepts and bad attitudes. I want no one to think I have not been around because of this. I have not been around do to life and not you guys. I am especially sorry for not listening to any new music lately. Sorry to all of those who's new songs I missed. To make it up to you I want to share something I found today.

Over a year ago one of America's top schools had a theory that they could publish real college courses on line and let any body take them for free. Since then may colleges have enter the ring offering many classes with real grades and dead lines. Some of these classes have already been accredited in the U.S. Further more one of the best schools in the U.S. for music has an intro to production class for free starting in a few days.

I don't know about you guys but I am taking it. It might be some basic concepts but it should offer a real explanation to why we do what we do sometimes and help the foundation on which we build our music on.https://www.coursera.org/course/musicproduction Check it out.

P.S. If you have nothing nice to say or you just want to be a dick. Please be prepared perform precise, pleasurable, pleasing, and pleasurably fellatio on my penis.

P.S.S. Fellatio should be spelled greek style with a ph and not f. Shit fuck up my alliteration.

2. lasiien

lasiien Meh

easy IV4, you put more than enough into this forum imo, and there are always times where we all get consumed by real life etc. :) We need more like you and not less, thankful to have you around :)

p.s. the instructor on your course has a very stupid hair cut :) At least if that is representative :) I think your first track that you send him should be themed around hair cuts ;D But in all seriousness good luck on the course, though imo you will slay it :)

3. Attire

Attire Last Winter

Haha might be worth a go.
    Though I am worried it will be fairly basic.

4. Rajstah Vibe

Rajstah Vibe soundcloud.com/rajstah

Sorry sorry sorry... wtf is that???
    Man! Someone told me one day to never be sorry for your existence in this world and what you are... Nothing belongs to anybody, even if society want to let you think that you belong to someone or something...
    We are all in the same good shit bro!

So, don't be pathetic with that and be proud of being here. :)

As Lasiien said:
    (y)

It is cool to sign up for classes, courses and masterclass... Those are a huge kick for creativity and motivation.
    You'll meet lot of new people as well in the real life with your same passion.
    It's amazing excitement.

You actually make me think to look something for myself. But here in London everything is so FUCKING EXPENSIVE!!!!
    It will be actually a great idea if in this forum will be a section where to post updates about masterclasses and courses concerning all the city worldwide.
    Especially for the free and cheap ones...
    We can suggest to the administrators to open a section tho!

Big up IV4! ;)

5. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Fucking Right!

6. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

thanks for this looks interesting might have to give it a go... you said free?! then why not :)

7. Hi-Def

Hi-Def Newbie

On this! cheers for the heads up :)

8. Linguist

Linguist Member

No need to apologize man, you've contributed way more than most, and given me some helpful feedback before - much appreciated
    Good luck with your course, hope it helps your beatmaking game

9. ThisEcho

ThisEcho New Member

Great find IV4 thanks classmate :p

10. Attire

Attire Last Winter

Is anyone else still in this course thing?
    Looks like the first assessment is us having to teach other people on the course?! I don't understand this logic lol.

11. tewky1

tewky1 Well-Known Member

He does try and explain his view on it. Something about learning it by creating the teaching piece, that you have to research that topic well. Then on the peer assessment, you have to go and look at the subject to make sure the piece you are assessing is correct. Some logic to it, I guess :)

Was not much really for the Electronic producer this week 1 eh. Handy info for if I ever want to record my guitar, or if I evolve into live instruments. The following weeks look far more interesting!

12. Eternaloptimist

Eternaloptimist Active Member

its just peer assessment. i thought it was very informative! i think it was the fundamentals - really important. cant wait for next week haha. have you guys chosen your topics?
    *** for anyone interested you can still join as it's only the 1st week

13. Dugg Funnie

Dugg Funnie Well-Known Member

lol new Digital Labz Seminar coming up with Krust, Culplrate, Mefjus and Peter Mills.

http://www.digitallabz.co.uk/production-seminar-day

14. Eternaloptimist

Eternaloptimist Active Member

its just peer assessment. i thought it was very informative! i think it was the fundamentals - really important. cant wait for next week haha. have you guys chosen your topics?
    *** for anyone interested you can still join as it's only the 1st week

15. cele

cele Well-Known Member

I'm in it too, have no idea what to do for the assignment as of yet. Well I've still got a few days, for that, the quizzes need to be done by today! (I also enrolled in the songwriter course, has been pretty interesting so far as well)