DnB My 5th tune

Really, really nice mate :) Big ups!

I have about 6 months production under my belt and I think it is pretty safe to say you are ahead of me!

For me it's grooving really nice starting at 1:50 through 3:40. Is it just the hat on the upbeats that does it? Am I that fickle?

I think that you can fit more sub between the kicks - it's a taste thing.

It's very beautiful and hypnotic.

@Lucider. Cheers man, glad you enjoyed. Yeah at 1:50 brought in a ride, changed the snare a bit and got a few more hats in play. Made it flow a bit more from rigid beat before 1:50.

For me it's grooving really nice starting at 1:50 through 3:40. Is it just the hat on the upbeats that does it? Am I that fickle?

I think that you can fit more sub between the kicks - it's a taste thing.

It's very beautiful and hypnotic.

Definitely the hats, making it sound bouncy....

Nice track to...

Really lovin the vibes here. For only your 5th track, you're definitely on the right path towards big things.

Gonna nitpick a bit with some things that stood out to me:
- The "foghorn" or whatever sound effect (bassy horn'ish noise) is a bit over powering, that could be turned back a bit, or lean more towards wet reverb to soften that into the track
- The ride when it comes in sounds a bit too mechanical. Try adding some slight volume variations to give it a bit more life. Ride could also have a bit more of a tail.
- I didn't like the end/outro at all. The drums just drop out and didn't feel resolved. A kick and a ride on the first note of the outro would help give some resolution. I'm not sure if the soundcloud file got cut off or that's how it actually ends but you kind of carry the melody on, then it cuts off abruptly. I think you should either end with one last triplet thing, or go for another full phrase, and let your reverb tails finish before you end the file.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with the outro imho, a dj should be mixed out the track well before that, i would drop out the piano riff at the last 32 and just leave the bass, stabs and efx to roll out into the next track, make it more Dj friendly.....

As far as the hats go, they sound perfect to me, if he changes the velocity, it will loose its bounce which is what makes this rack roll along, i would add a small amount of verb on them though to soften them up just a tad, imho of course :D

Glad people are enjoying it. Thanks for the feedback, good constructive criticism. Will have a look into the outro and work on a few things.

Back
Top Bottom