My 1st full track 'Gangster'

Kaz1983

OK I was too sure weather to post or not but seeing as I haven't been at this for very long, I feel as though I've taken the track as far as I can and would be better to get some feed back rather than continue going at it blind. It's not a finished project and want feedback.

As for the genre, well it's got a Jump Up feel to it and I've gone mostly by ear because I'm still learning all the effects and all that... anyway I don't know how to embed clips so I'll just post a link, you'll see another track named Gangster but that was a earlier attempt of the same track.

http://soundcloud.com/user4375410/gangster-mp3-1

EDIT: I know the intro is fairly basic.. :D

And there is too much sub, didn't feel that way when I listen too it in FL.

Last edited:
how much of this did you make? i mean did you make the bass and drums yourself? cos youve got the right idea with the sounds, keep at it and im sure youll write something good in no time.

how much of this did you make? i mean did you make the bass and drums yourself? cos youve got the right idea with the sounds, keep at it and im sure youll write something good in no time.

I cut up a sample from a dub-step sample pack, then re-arranged it and re-sampled/EQ'd it over and over, for the baseline.

Drums are a preset drum loop chopped up and layered with the worm break, with another kick and snare.

Rest is made from scratch, apart from the fx and audio samples -that are taken from a movie.

Last edited:
I'm pretty happy with it, I kinda gone with a cops and robbers theme. :D

Nah seriously, it's good but there a lot wrong with it. Over the years I've listen to a lot of Hazard and Original Sin -that kinda stuff, so I know this kinda Jump Up pretty well, but have only been producing for 8 months now. It's a good thing but also bad, it's taken me 8 months to lproduce something I would admit that's mine and have a shitload of unfinished projects if you can call them that.

I'm gonna try mixdown the track properly, might make the worm break stick out a bit more... like the way it does just before the 2nd drop.

Last edited:
I think you got a point, best to not over focus on one track.

I'll post a link to it when I have finished making a few changes and cleaning it up.

Last edited:
Like it, great beat and I think it can live without a sub bass. I actually walked downstairs with this still in my head, love to hear it when it's finished!

Back
Top Bottom