My 1210's only speed up to nine and ten??

ONSLAUGHT88

VIP Junglist
Ive tried adjusting the speed of my decks cos i like playing my tunes well quick. one goes up to ten and the other only goes to nine?? why is this???

As they are never meant to go that fast it's not guaranteed that you'll get the same speed out of them. They do normally go up to +/-12% though. How are you checking the speed?

---------- Post added at 08:04 ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 ----------

The irony.

its only some tunes that seem slow. i did it all properly, researched it but jus wondered why one will go faster than the other? im using the dots on the platter??

thanks for the vid but its for a 1200's? i know i did it correctly i was shown how to do it by the bloke who i bought the decks off, who fixes and repairs turntables. i assume that one motor must jus be weaker than the other then??

probably just needs some fine tuning mate. be ginger with the dial! the 1200 and 1210's will have the same workings i believe. I doubt the motor is the issue.
if all else fails i would take it to a registred technics service centre. It will cost less than you think. Or ask the bloke you brought them off if he would mind helping you.

the mod u are trying to do is not really recomended, probably because the results vary from table to table like the problem your having.

its a nice idea because some old jungle tunes are just too slow to be pitched up to beatmatch with some newer speeds.
but this will only help you at home. if u play out none of their turntables will be modded like this. Also i think you will loose some of the pitches precision. 0 is still 0 and +8 is now +10 ish so there is less room inbetween to find the perfect pitch!

exactly old tunes are way too slow and i play with a lot of mc's and we all like having it rapid. cheers scotty, i think your prob right about gettin em serviced, what sorta wonga we talking roughly?? and sppeding em up does change the scale and sensitivity of the pitch.

its only some tunes that seem slow. i did it all properly, researched it but jus wondered why one will go faster than the other? im using the dots on the platter??

The stobe dots tell you when the platter is spinning at 0, +/-3.3% and +6%. So how do you know that one deck spins at +10% and the other +9%?

Back
Top Bottom